“Slap up Indian ”

Add it.
Raj Tandoori Restaurant
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

We came here for a family meal while being in the area.

We had no idea where to eat as we are not locals at all. We had a look on trip advisor for recommendations and this place seemed to be the option for us. I’m quite happy we did. We had a meal that was quick, relaxing and delicious.

Marked down because they automatically put a 10% optional surcharge on the bill. I happily paid the £3.40 instead of the £10.00 tip I was going to leave. I thought this presumption of 10% tip is quite rude. If the meal or service was not up to scratch I wouldn’t have paid and this could have led to embarrassment if you could only afford just the meal.

Date of visit: December 2017

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

Visited here recently to catch up with a friend.
Food was excellent, really tasty spices and flavours.
Service standard was also very good, very attentive and helpful.

Good job!!

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

We have been coming to Raj for over 20 years!! Super friendly service and the best curry in my opinion.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

I have lived locally for 7 years or so and this place has not changed one bit. Menu has not changed..it is extremely popular with locals. The food is good but not out of this world. You will not find dishes on the menu that you would not find elsewhere. It is steady and can be relied upon to deliver a tasty Indian meal. Never had a problem with service when eating in but takeaway service can be very busy and slow at weekends. Not outstanding but absolutely nothing wrong with this place either...

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 19 May 2017

Always good and friendly and packed, stuck in the 1980's décor but we love it, if we want to pop out for a quick bite its around the corner and really nice

Date of visit: March 2017