All reviews home from home sitting room comfortable bed wonderful hosts stansted airport attending a wedding train station fried bread breakfast was delicious hotel chains iain cambridge
Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

Superb little bed and breakfast. A peaceful place with lovely rooms. Unfortunately the double rooms were booked. Remember to book in good time before travelling. Iain and Selina are wonderful hosts.
We had a lovely walk around the town.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jajuni
Reviewed 28 November 2013

This was an overnight stop before an early flight from Stansted - beats an airport hotel hands down! Friendly welcome, good info about local restaurants etc. Breakfast laid out for us despite our early start (about 5 as i recall). Comfortable room with a number of lovely little touches. And the town looks like it's probably worth a longer visit. Will definitely book again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I was sad that I only had one night staying here as this was without a doubt the best bed and breakfast/guest house I have ever stayed in. They seem to have thought of everything. The bed was comfortable, the shower and loo well appointed and the whole place spotless. The village of Stanstead Mountfitchet has a number of eating options within a couple of minutes walk, although the choice was more limited on a Monday than it would have been on other nights of the week. The village is an attractive one, which whilst I was there did not seem, despite its proximity to the airport, to suffer from any great noise of planes passing overhead. It was easy to park outside and took about 6 minutes in the morning to get to the airport. Ian very kindly got up early and gave me poached eggs on smoked haddock for my breakfast - my choice from an extensive breakfast menu. All in all a fabulous find, and if we ever have to fly early from Stanstead, or indeed spend time in that part of Britain, we will definitely find our way back to Chimneys. It was not the cheapest option in the area, but well worth the money.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank steppeagle
Reviewed 3 July 2013

We chose Chimneys Guest House after reading the excellent reviews and they had availability for a double room and a room with 2 singles with ensuite bathrooms. We were more than surprised by this accommodation, it was everything as described and then some. Iain our host, provided tea, coffee & biscuits in the parlour upon our arrival giving us an opportunity to relax after the days travels. The rooms were impeccably clean and well equipped including Wi-Fi. The beds were excellent and the breakfast was superb. There was a nice pub in walking distance so I could have a pint and not worrying about driving. It was an easy and short drive to the airport in the morning. Chimneys also provided the convenience of accepting credit cards. This would be my 1st choice again if I am staying in the Stansted area.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Pnda1
Reviewed 26 June 2013

.stayed one night room spotless very comfortable lovely host breakfast very nice had evening meal in cork bistro excellent lovely all round stay would certainly recommend chimneys to anyone cannot fault anything

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple