Linden House
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
Novotel London Stansted Airport(Stansted Mountfitchet)
DeSalis Hotel(Elsenham)
George Hotel(Bishops Stortford)
  • Free Internet
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfour poster bedroll top bathpublic car parkfresh milkthe vinesuperior roomsmall hotelbottled waterlovely hotelsunday eveningbooked a tablenext morningcooked breakfaststayed one nightstansted airportbar areafridge
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Fantastic little boutique hotel with friendly inviting staff. I took my partner for her birthday and she loved it. The rooms are spotless, stylish and comfortable. The terrace area outside is perfect for drinks, especially if you're trying their selection of cocktails. We experienced great customer service from check in to check out. We thought the room would be the highlight then we tried the food in the restaurant - it was delicious and the lemon meringue is a must.. Next time you're thinking of a present for the Mrs that's good value for money, look no further. You'll be treating yourself at the same time...

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Danny M
Reviewed 23 July 2017

Stayed here as I had an early morning flight. What an amazing place. The rooms are extremely comfortable and very generously sized. Bathroom was very spacious and the shower was great. Really cannot fault the place. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Parking is in a public carpark and if I had stayed later I would have had to pay for parking - its not much but its the hassle factor of having to jump out of bed to feed the meter.

Aside from that one negative, I would love to return to Linden House when I have more time to enjoy the restaurant.

Room Tip: Each room is different - if you visit often, try a different room each time...
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank LothianArab
Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

This is possibly one of the finds I've made in years . It has a great location in the middle of town and not far from the airport. The place itself is very quaint and beautiful, the rooms are fantastic and really clean and the food is of a very high standard , but best of all is the staff , so friendly and helpful . I stayed there last weekend to go to the Newmarket races and I look forward to staying again next year .

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Norman P
Reviewed 13 July 2017

We booked this hotel as the location appeared ideal and we weren't disappointed. The rooms were lovely, well presented with very large bathrooms. We had huge fans in the rooms which were necessary on an extremely hot Sunday evening. We had a lovely meal and the staff were extremely pleasant and very welcoming. If we we need accommodation in this area in the future, this hotel would be our first choice.

Room Tip: Rooms not facing main road would be preferable.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anna G
Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

My other half booked a one night stay at Linden House as a treat last minute, I can't recommend it highly enough. I phoned before we arrived just to be nosy regarding what room we would have, no issues getting through like previous posters have said, and was informed we had room 2 which looked lovely on the website.
Arrived for check in at 3pm, the parking is opposite in a public car park but there was plenty of space and reasonable rates with free parking after 6pm on Saturday through to Monday morning. We were greeted by a lovely lady who took payment and showed us up to the room. It certainly lived up to the photos, beautifully decorated, a huge bathroom with 2 sinks and a gorgeous roll top bath, the toiletries and bathrobes topped it off. It is at the front of the property so facing a busy road but the noise didn't bother us, we had a fan in the room which was needed as it got very warm. Plenty of milk, water and extra tea/coffee was located outside in the hallway which was a nice touch.
The staff were fantastic in every way, we had a table booked in the downstairs restaurant, a huge thank you to the dark haired foreign lady (think she was the manager) who went to the effort of making cocktails for me throughout the evening. The two young men in the dining room attended to our every need during dinner so wanted to mention them too.
Not only was the food stunning, it's the attentiveness and extras that made our stay so enjoyable. We will definitely be returning in the future. Thanks again.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Natasha A
Management response:Responded 30 June 2017

Thank you so much for your lovely review. We hope to see you again soon.

Warm Regards