All reviews four poster bed roll top bath public car park fresh milk the vine window shutters guest house small hotel shower curtain superior room bottled water fantastic hotel booked a table next morning stansted airport cooked breakfast stayed one night
Reviewed 21 June 2017

Everything was excellent including bedroom, food and drink.

It was a very hot day (29 degrees) and the hotel was very hot. Air Con would be a great addition but it's an old building and perhaps impossible to fit.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 June 2017

We booked Linden House last minute. We had a nice warm welcome from staff on arrival. Shown to our room which was lovely and clean with everything we needed. We had a three course evening meal at The Vine restaurant. Service and food were outstanding! Looking forward to staying again in the future.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Clove11
Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

So we booked a room and the picture was lovely, 4 poster bed and a roll top bath. I wanted to confirm that this was the room but it was an automated answer telling you that all bookings are online. So on arrival our room has a 4 poster but no roll top bath so we're moved into a room with a roll top bath and no 4 poster. I was then told that I should of called to confirm what room I wanted. This morning we come down for breakfast and told the chef has gone sick and so no cooked breakfast and offered a coffee as compensation. I did have a table booked that night for a meal and so cancelled. Such a lovely surprise for my wife just not the one planned.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

We arrived at the beautiful charming hotel, great bar and restaurant. Unfortunately for us we had booked the wrong night and they were full. Management and the owner Stuart helped us find a new place to stay last minute and Stuart personally drove us to the next town to another hotel. Great friendly service and we hadn't even the chance to stay the night. We will go back next chance we get.

5 stars!

Matthew & Aliah

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 May 2017

As I have recently been poorly my husband booked us into Linden House for a night to get away from it all and relax. We stayed in the suite on the top floor. We arrived just after two to find the room not quite ready but this wasn't a problem as after dropping our bags off we went out to look around. The suite was lovely with a comfortable bed and two TVs one in the lounge area and one in the bedroom but the best bit for me was the lovely big roll top bath which I definitely made the most of! The room was rather warm and a little noisy from the traffic and the people drinking below but once we were ready to sleep we closed the windows and used the fan provided and had a good nights sleep. The only negatives to speak of was the fact that the remote for the larger tv was broken with a missing battery cover and did not work and there were only two teabags (apart from lots of fruity ones) and only one pack of biscuits for two to fight over. The milk for the tea is kept down the hall in a fridge and maybe there could be some extra teabags left there also? Unfortunately we did not make it down to dinner as I felt poorly but the breakfast was very good. Cereals, pastries, juices and a toaster with fresh bread on hand to keep you happy until the cooked breakfast arrived.
The only thing that really disappointed us was having to park in the public car park across the road having been told that there wasn't any parking on site only to see several people park in the small onsite spaces throughout the afternoon. This will not stop us returning however and we are planning a return to try the food which looked delicious once I am feeling better.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple