“Outstanding!”

Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in Rio San Juan
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 May 2016

This is the second time we have eaten at Las Puertas Del Paraiso and we have not been disappointed. Excellent food, beautiful and peaceful surroundings, gracious hosts.

Going with two other couples, we have had an opportunity to try numerous different dinner dishes. Would highly recommend any of the fresh, locally caught, sea food that is prepared to perfection. My favorite sauce is the ginger-honey sauce which has a sweetness to the gingery tang and adds excellent flavoring to our dishes.

As in most restaruants we have been to in the Dominican Republic, it is near impossible to find tender beef, and here was no exception. While the steak was certainly very, very flavorfull, it was tough. This just seems to be what one finds in this Country.

There is also an excellent variety of totally amazing desserts. We would highly suggest either the chocolate mousse or the vanilla icecream with caramel sauce. You cannot go wrong with any of the desserts.

Overall, I would give Las Puertas Del Paraiso the highest rating for the freshness, preparation, sauces, and flavour, of their food. The service is exceptionally friendly and you are made to feel right at home.

It is an easy drive for us to return often from where we live in Cabrera. The short drive is so much more than worth it.

Reviewed 28 May 2016 via mobile

I am not easy to impress when it comes to food, but this beautiful place had it ALL..ambience and food...to die for..desserts were amazing!!!I had several that night they are all exceptional!!! Yes, YES, YES!!I vote for this place to be number one!! This couple did magnificent job creating a little HEAVEN in the Caribbean.

Reviewed 28 May 2016

WOW, many wonderful restaurants in the D.R. But heard marvelous things about this one so finally tried it out. We moved to the D.R. 10 months ago and are always looking for thee best of the best in dining! This place has it all. The French Husband and Wife team are perfect hosts with personalities that multiply the joy of the experience with a warm welcome cute humor and a dash of spirit! The food is second to none that we have had anywhere on the island! Presentation of your meal is artistic and beautiful and the taste is better than the presentation. We went with 4 friends and the review by all was the same. It's 30 minutes from where we live but will now become a regular spot for us, friends and visitors! The ambiance is wonderful, looks like paradise, water fall, tables are surrounded by tropical pool, some of the most beautiful and relaxing dinner music I have ever heard at just the right volume and..... it is quiet and romantic. I am not easily impressed but this place is GREAT. Prices are also very reasonable. So far, this gets my vote for the number one restaurant on the north coast! Wish we had taken more good pictures to share.

1  Thank Paul P
Reviewed 21 April 2016

Excellent place and peaceful environment. Truly superb food and great service from the owners. Pricey but worth it. I love it every time I go.

Reviewed 21 December 2013

The group I was with loved the avocado appetizers and the fried ice cream. We also loved that there was vegan and vegetarian food available.

1  Thank AnnMarlaSinger