“A little gem of a place”
Review of Aqualand Resort

Aqualand Resort
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Agios Ioannis
Reviewed 13 August 2017

When we arrived very late due to flight delays, we were checked in quickly, offered bottles of water and pre made cheese sandwiches, we were pointed in the direction of our room but was a little difficult to find due to it being dark, plus we hadn't been told it was upstairs. But hey ho, we got there. We booked a studio and were given a duplex which was lovely, couple of points that let the room down kettle fantastic, no cups or spoons. Upstairs in duplex, dressing table fantastic, nothing to sit on, not near the bed, no bin in here either. Really easy for the management to rectify Clothes storage. 2 wardrobes one on each floor , 10 hangers between 4 people. I always take my own & leave them (cheapies you get when buying from clothes shops). Not really enough drawer storage for underwear etc.

The restaurant was buffet style, and quite busy but never had to wait for a table , the food was delicious both the hot & cold. Desserts were too delicious . No hot drinks at lunch or evening sitting. I do like to have a brew when I've finished a meal, but that is my personal choice.

The snack bar offered a limited range all day, just easy , grab and go snacks, pastries, chips, hot dogs, toasties, but come eleven o'clock it's Crepe time and they are freshly cooked and delicious. The pool bar serves a variety of drinks & also has self serving machines. The freezer is self serve for ice cream.

There is another restaurant at the back of the wave pool and this has to be prebooked for lunch and evening, but it is the same food as main restaurant, just outdoor dining.

Limited range of inclusive cocktails, local beer, spirits and soft drinks. Staff efficient and friendly.

Animation team (day and night) ABSOLUTELY fantastic, their shows were a bit close to the edge some times, with comedy content, but hilarious. Fire shows too. They are a Bulgarian team and are lovely. Their activities around the pool were very popular, darts, ball games in the pool, Pilates/yoga , Zumba, Aquafit .

Shuttle to/from Corfu town and the beach, both free just have to be prebooked the day before at reception. There is public transport as well.

My boys and their dad dipped in and out of the water park, which they all enjoyed.

I have to admit I had concerns reading some reviews in the few days before we went, but I don't know what people expect The room was clean and comfortable, the grounds, buildings were clean and comfortable. The food was lovely.

There were the occasional ant on the ground, there were wasps, it was very hot, all part and parcel of a holiday - nothing the hotel or TUI rep can do about these things

Room Tip: It's not a massive complex therefore all rooms are near to entertainment, restaurant and pools
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Tracey K

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

We visited aqualand during our recent stay and it was one of the best we've ever been to for not just size but the variety of slides!
Know it sounds cheesie but really was something for everyone here and the wave pool was really good, only downside is the photo hut gets really busy at end of day so struggle to find your photos but not so bad early in day. I also found this water park one of the cheapest we've visited and could take your own food if you wanted but when water is 1 Euro hotdog 2.50 or pizza for 7 Euro I wouldn't bother personally.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

We went as a big family group, the food was consistantly good, the wave pool was fab and the rooms clean and comfortable. The only down side was the location as you couldn't walk to anything and the evening resort entertainment was poor. However the bus service was good and we took the free bus to a lovely beach and spent the day there. All in all a great holiday.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Georgina115
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

What a nightmare from day we got here, some of the staff not helpful at all including TUI who we booked this holiday with.

We got a upstairs room it has a type of Balcony room with two single beds in, the balcony room was so hot as the aircon in the building is so bad you might as well not even have aircon at all, even the main floor area the aircon can not cool the room, reported this number of time to reception they sent engineers down on two occasions they told me its blowing cold air it works (yes it did blow cold air but could not cool the room at all) we did get moved into a other room but two nights off hell (do not stay in one of these rooms) we had to use inflated sun loungers to make beds up for the kids to get them close to the aircon but still pointless

Food ok bit repetitive

Drink well I had 8 pints and walked back to room like I had 2 shandy pints, wife had 7 glass of wine and she not not tipsy at all, rang up reception about this and I got the phone put down on me

Room was very dirty, very very rundown

Outside pools great

This is NOT A ALL INCLUSIVE HOTEL
You want anything of a good quality get your hand in your pockets, even tried to make use pay for evening entertainment once for bingo, if you did not pay you could not get involved

All this above after only being on this complex for 3 days

Would never recommend or come back

Don't say I have not told you, resort and TUI was happy for my 3 x children to sleep on inflated pool loungers for 3 nights absolutely disgusting, they said sleep on the sofa bed I would not even let my dog sleep on it

Made a complaint about how disgusting the room was, they sent cleaners round when we where out came back you could not even tell it had been cleaned

All in all what a waste of £6k and a massive disappointing family holiday

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank ian p p
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Just returned from a week at Aqualand Resort, family of four. This is a fabulous place to visit and highly recommended. We arrived at 1am and was greeted by friendly staff and was given a pack up to take to the room as no catering facility was open at that time. The apartment was nice and clean and nothing like some of the photos I'd seen on here that people have posted. We spent time at the beach and two evenings in Corfu which was great and the buses are provided by the hotel. Altho a local bus service was available too. We spent all other days in the park where there is plenty of sun lounges and shade if you need it. With there being more space in general which we wanted we found ourselves sunbathing and going on the slides from 11am to 5ish. The AL doesn't reach the park tho, you have to walk back thro to get your food and drink. We ended up paying in the park which was fine. Weather was really hot due to a heat wave so children where under the shaded areas which we found was available around the hotel pools. There was umbrellas but they didn't do the job. Plenty of food choices in the evening and the animation team do a really good job. Would visit again one day!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
22.1 km away
Mareblue Beach Resort
Mareblue Beach Resort
#1 of 1 in Agios Spyridonas

Been to Aqualand Resort? Share your experiences!