Lowest prices for your stay
eDreams
Travelocity
Hotels.com
USD 155
View deal
Orbitz.com
All reviews spa facilities course dinner nice room main course spa weekend steam bath conference salt
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 June 2020 via mobile

my husband and i just spent a lovely weekend in this hotel. the promotion deal that includes a night stay, three course dinner, spa access, welcome drinks and breakfast is a real bargain (dkk 1,600 altogether). We were shocked by the long queue at check in (which also indiated how good the deal was). since covid-19 is not over, the hotel has some measures like you need to book specific time slot for the spa, each sauna room/pool has a limited of number of people that can be in at the same time. but it all worked out fine. we didnt really feel crowded nor needed to wait to use the facilities. Both dinner and breakfast were great. Dinner and bar service were both good, but the old lady at reception is a bit cold/arrogant. I highly recommend paying the dkk 200 extra for either a two hour earlier check in or 2 hour late check out. there was very few people at those times, and we managed to have a long sleep with a slow breakfast and used the spa facilities once more.

Date of stay: June 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 February 2020

The place was very comfortable and an excellent location to be close to the sea. Food was not that good but was sufficient for a conference. The room were very quiet and the spa was fantastic. I would reccomend this hotel for a weekend spa get away.

Date of stay: July 2019
Dennis N, Receptionschef at Comwell Borupgaard, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2020

Dear BrianMarch

Thank you for your feedback.

We are pleased to see your toprating as well as your positive words of our hotel.

Many thanks for your recommendation and your stay with.

We look for ward to welcome you again.

Reviewed 15 December 2019

The trip was fine. However, on checkout, I had informed the hotel reception that there was an unopened bottle of red wine and I told asked reception to either take it or throw it away.

A day after returning home, I realised I had left my clothes in the hotel wardrobe. I contacted the hotel reception, who informed me the staff had cleaned the room and found nothing. The reception staff also told me the cleaner would have checked the wardrobe after cleaning. I insisted multiple times, and on multiple international phone calls to the hotel, that the staff check the wardrobe again to make sure my clothes had not been left in the wardrobe. After multiple international calls to the hotel, the staff finally confirmed my clothes had been found, along with the bottle of red wine. Again, I asked the staff to forget the bottle of red wine and just send the clothes back by post and at my expense.

Shortly after paying for the clothes to be sent by post, I received an email from the hotel stating the bottle of red wine had spilt all over my clothes. When I asked how that could be, the staff told me the clothes were packed into storage, along with the bottle of red wine. I then asked what the hotel was going to do to fix the problem and I suggested they should pay for my clothes to be posted home. The hotel manager told me they had washed the clothes and thought this was sufficient.

Next time, please listen to guests:
1. when they ask you to check if their clothes are in the wardrobe of the hotel room. I had to make multiple international calls to insist this be done; and
2. when they ask you, multiple times, to discard a bottle of wine.

Please also do not pack bottles of wine in with clothes and store both together, against a guest's wishes.

I would not have written this review, if the hotel had taken responsibility and listened to me. I am extremely disappointed by how I was treated.

Date of stay: December 2019
1  Thank Choc_Bic
Dennis N, Receptionschef at Comwell Borupgaard, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2020

Dear JamAndKah

As promised during our correspondance, thank you very much for your review.

I do no not have any further to this matter.

Thank you for staying with us, we hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 19 November 2019 via mobile

Had a reservation for a 1 night stay with a 3 course dinner. Aqua SPA was included. Nice room with spa robes and towels at our disposal. WIFI was was working well enough for streaming . Food was delicious, though as it was a pre-set dinner, if you wanted to change to a different main course, it would cost you 25 Euro. If you are coming for the spa facilities, I would think it would be a great idea to chose low peak days as it is not that spacious. In the aqua spa, only 1 spa, small hot water pool was available,which quickly fills up. However also bit salt sauna, regular sauna, steam bath and one more option.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank MyPOViews
Dennis N, Receptionschef at Comwell Borupgaard, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2019

Dear MyPOViews

Thank you for your feedback.

We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your room as well as the your dinner. The 3 course dinner is quite right a pre-set dinner which change from day to day. You can change you main course to a very delicious Rib-eye for only EUR 25 approx.

The AquaSpa is open from 7am until 10pm, so please let us advise next time when to go to the AquaSpa.

Thank you for staying with us, we look forward to welcome you again.

Reviewed 11 September 2019

We had high expectations but got dissapointed. As usual.
When we arrived the room was freezing cold because they ”hadn’t expected the falling temperature”. They just gave us two extra duvets.
The curtain that should block the light out was broken, so was the trashbin and one of the lamps in the room. Not acceptable.
For this price you should also have a mini bar/ fridge in the room. It is after all a 4 star hotel. There were no tumblers or wineglass at all. We had to get these from the bar downstairs.
The breakfast was ” very different” so to speak. Their focus are on such things as different colorful juices and decoration of the scrambled eggs. Don’t expect an ordinary hotel breakfast. There were only cheese and ham for the bread...
A plus for the nutritious pourage and the delicious home made gluten free bread.
We didn’t have time for the spa so we leave the evaluation to be made by other guests.
The environment outside is beautiful and peaceful. We were surprised that they allow families with small children to stay here.

Date of stay: September 2019
Dennis N, Receptionschef at Comwell Borupgaard, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2019

Dear home2annika,

Thank you very much for your feedback..

We are sorry to read that you had a number of things that did not
lives up to your expectations.

We do not have minibar in our rooms - apart from our four suites - and we hardly have any demand. In our lobbybar you can have wineglasses for the room as well as hand in your beverage to kept in the fridge.

Thank you for staying with us, we look forward to welcome you again.