See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

The John Knox international centre is a nice quiet place to hold meetings. The accommodation is fair but the old building are very nice. The ground are spectacular- nude trees and ample walking area. The cafeteria offers fairly okay meals.

Date of stay: October 2017
2  Thank 655kimk
Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

This facility is ideal for a business traveller,such as UN consultant, to stay for a week or more. Also,they have conference facilities but they,too, are quite basic. Canteen food is not fancy but solid. I am happy to come back for business but no thanks for pleasure.

Date of stay: November 2016
2  Thank gehararigo
Reviewed 26 September 2016 via mobile

We were a group of 15 children (9-11) and 11 adults. The John Knox Centre was absolutely perfect for us. It's a 12-15 minute walk to the UN Palais des Nations where we were working. The staff are exceptionally friendly and helpful. They all, without exception, went out of their way to look after us. And they were very patient with the changes we made in our pre planning. There's great outdoor space and the area is very safe. The rooms are very clean and hostel-like. There's a large open foyer with comfortable chairs where we adults congregated in the evenings for the short time we could keep awake. There are other individuals and groups using the building at the same time and rather than that being a problem it was lovely to see the children engage with them. Finally we arranged a BBQ with JK centre staff and as more and more people heard about it so the numbers wishing to come grew. Numbers reached around 60 and this didn't give the centre any cause for concern. They handled it beautifully and the food was great. I wouldn't hesitate to bring a group here again and would also be happy to stay here if I was travelling alone. I found the centre and its staff charming. Thank you welcoming us.

Date of stay: September 2016
3  Thank CathyMac14
Reviewed 5 May 2016

A bit like college; friendly atmosphere, people to talk to (particularly if you can speak a little french), basic nutritious meals. Most rooms have a basin only; can be a bit of a walk to the bathroom. Very convenient to WHO and other institutions.

Room tip: book early and ask for a (more expensive) studio room– all facilities
Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank John H
Reviewed 12 January 2016

I was suppose to travel first time to Geneva with my friend. Was super excited. I was offered double occupancy accommodation. It is mandatory to book the Hotel for Visa purpose so the prior payment was made. My friend had left before me has he was on Business trip and i was suppose to join him later being a traveler who love to explore different countries. Due to some personal reason i had to drop the plan. I put a request to the Hotel stating that i need to cancel my booking. The hotel just denied and said they will charge me for the entire stay weather i stay or don't stay. I felt cheated. I told them that i am fine if they charge me for stay that was been booked. As my friend was staying there for business purpose he had no option but to pay the entire bill. When ask on he desk about cancellation refund policy the reply was shocking. The person on the desk replied your friend was lucky that the credit card information was not shared else would have charged extra fine as well. So basically i was charged for entire 10 days of not staying in hotel. And the cancellation was not accepted. My friend also faced loads of issue as they have thin walls. You can hear people make noise in other guest room as if the person is just sitting beside you, your sleep is hampered.There is no Oven present in the Kitchen. The staff was very rude and no one cares for your needs. Just cause the Hotel is near UNESCO site and other commercial offices mainly the working class stay there. I would not recommend this place to any of the traveler there are much better places to stay at the same cost where at least you can sleep peacefully. I had worst experience with this place.

Room tip: There are Studio And Apartments avail that are way pretty much expensive
Date of stay: April 2015