“Total Bliss!”
Review of Togat Nusa Retreat

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mentawai Islands
Togat Nusa Retreat
Reviewed 8 June 2017

As an Aussie spoilt with beautiful beaches and sunsets, I can honestly say that this little island is absolute paradise, the beach, sunsets and crystal clear water is almost unbelievable, especially in Indo! As a terrible surfer, I only surfed once with the help of the amazing surf guide Shaun, I was spoilt with amazing yoga from Carlos, the accommodation was first class in the beautiful locally built bungalows, the food...to my delight...was super healthy, delicious, veggie-friendly and soooo plentiful!. Owners Ainsley and John were super chilled, friendly and committed to making everyone's Togat Nusa experience nothing short of amazing.
I was only on the island for 9 days but I left the most relaxed I have ever been, felt like I was away for a month. Great people, great vibes, great surf, great yoga...this is a the perfect place for surfers, yogis, nature-chasers or people just wanting to unwind.
GO!!!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 12 May 2017 via mobile

If you are a lover of the ocean, surfing, snorkeling, chillin, paradise, privacy, heaven, and food There literally is no better vacation you can take. Most people think of the Mentawai and think surfing.
At Togat Nusa you have the best of all worlds. You can surf all day at various waves in the area, or simply lounge around the private island in the glorious ocean out front, in the main house living space, your private bungalow(that was nicer than my house), go out on the boat and chill in the ocean snorkeling, walk the beach, take a nap, geek out on the internet(yes they have wifi) or practice yoga.
Fresh water showers and amazing home cooked HEALTHY meals 3x a day. Unlimited smoothies and coconuts..
I never wanted to leave and can not wait to go back.
Do yourself a favor and make this your next destination spot.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 May 2017 via mobile

Great people, Amazing food, phenomenal waves and natural Beauty.....
Meet some amazing humans on this tranquil island getaway..... we ate fresh creative food at every meal... found a variety of unique seashells everyday walking around the island. I was re inspired doing yoga everyday and felt rejuvenated ..... oh yea and the waves were EPIC!!! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Stayed: April 2017
Reviewed 1 June 2016 via mobile

Best waves, amazing people and awesome food. private Island w max 8 people! Accomodation is the best Ive seen, bungalow made with all details and just beautiful. Its paradise and Im already planning my next trip there in a few month and also next year with friends. Only 1 advise - GO GO GO

Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 May 2016

I just returned to Los Angeles from my 10-day stay at Togat Nusa Retreat and I can say it was well worth the days of travel it took to get there and did not disappoint! This was the most beautiful place I have ever visited. It was exactly what I was looking for to relax, enjoy nature and score epic warm water waves....and more: From the minute I was picked up from the airport and throughout my time at Togat I felt cared for. The hosts Ainsley and John greeted me warmly upon arrival and made sure I was settled in. The room was very clean and comfortable with a beautiful bathroom (western style) and gorgeous shower. The accommodations were cleaned daily, complete with linen changes, laundry and even fresh flowers. Surprisingly, it was bug and sand free though it was steps away from the shore and jungle. The gorgeous bungalows and bathrooms are truly works of art. They have been hand crafted and are so unique and organic, a real feast for the eyes. The staff were all very friendly and attentive. I enjoyed delicious food at every meal with a lot of variety. If you want to keep surfers happy, you feed them well (food and waves.) John and Ainsley calculated the food element into the equation for sure! The staff accommodated my vegetarianism and intolerance to bananas, even making special smoothies just for me. Getting out to the surf spots was so fun and easy. They would make regular trips back to the island to pick you up. If you slept in and missed the early patrol they would make another trip to get you, and drop you back off to the island whenever you wanted. Togat Nusa really makes it easy for you to relax and enjoy yourself and surf surf surf! ... if you want to, or just chill, snorkel, SUP, read... whatever. The restaurant (warung style) was a lovely place to relax as well, with music, refreshments and a number of comfortable places to sit and just enjoy being in paradise, steps away from clear blue warm waters and the most perfect view of the gorgeous ocean and surf break. They also offer daily yoga. But wait, there's more! They have a resident photographer that will capture your surf sessions so you can make all your friends at home jealous of all the perfect waves you snagged. The fact that I enjoyed the company of the other guests and four-legged fur friends was an added bonus. I'm a sucker for friendly critters. If you want to experience a piece of paradise, be treated like you're family with the feeling of being home but not having to do the dishes, and score epic mentawai glass then Togat Nusa Retreat is the place for you.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo

Been to Togat Nusa Retreat? Share your experiences!