All reviewsprivate islandcrystal clear waterperfect placesuper healthyisland paradiseevery mealthe main houseamazing foodjohnkingsleyyoganatureepicretreatheavenchillsmoothies
Reviewed 17 December 2015

Had a wonderful, restful time at Togat Nusa. An amazing selection of gourmet food and the staff couldn't do too much for us. The accommodation is very comfortable and built in a style to blend in with the beautiful scenery. Can't wait to return for another stay.

Stayed: July 2015
Reviewed 17 December 2015

My first visit was in June this year. Togat Nusa is a very special spot, nature at its best. I am not a surfer, but did try paddleboarding. While we were staying there, the waves were really good so all the surfers were very happy, heading out to catch waves 3 times a day. Our bungalow was spacious, two large beds plus a sitting area, with our own ensuite. Each of the bungalows has its own style and character, John's skills are evident everywhere you look.
I loved the food, best on our whole siz week trip which included Europe and Britain. Lots of variety and not highly spiced, which I prefer, but you can add as much heat as you want, so suits everyone. The friendly staff help to make our stay great.
Our other family members were very envious of our visit to Togat Nusa, so we will definitely organise a group trip in the next year or so. Well done John & Ainsley.

Room Tip: All bungalows are excellent
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 December 2015

A magical place that offers so much love and happiness. John, Ainsley and the rest of the Togat Nusa crew welcomed me into their home with such loving hearts and open arms. I couldn't recommend a more magical place to surf, relax and play. I look forward to my return always to this beautiful, peaceful paradise they are lucky to call home!

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 December 2015

I have been lucky enough to visit "Pardise Island" three times. Words are not enough to explain the feeling you get when your toes first touch the golden sand at Togat Nusa Retreat. This followed by Ainsley's incredible service & hospitality, the food (so much food!) and the privacy of bungalows nestled around the island is well worth the journey. The woodwork and building of the bungalows, resturant etc are all done by John himself. This thought and creativy is unequable to any other surf destination in the Mentawais.
Then there is the surf. The SURF! Togat Nusa is situated on front of a world class break. Not to mention access to many other breaks just a short boat ride away. John and Ainsley are always willing to advise where and when to surf according to swell direction, winds and so on. I can't wait to go back! Thanks John & Ainz for sharing your paradise.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 December 2015

We have been twice, once for our honeymoon and then once as a follow up trip because we had to show some of our friends what a magical place we had found. Johnny and Ainsley have created the ideal environment to relax, surf, eat, drink and laugh. The surfing in the area is obviously world class with Scarecrows out front and Telescopes only a few mins away. They have an amazing group of people to look after you to make it a truly personal and fun experience. We mostly go to beach destinations for of our holidays(we live in the UK) and Togat Nusa is our absolute favourite, it's the place we always talk about, there is nothing else like it.

Absolutely perfect for couples, honeymooners or small groups. You've got to this review because you've done your homework on where to go in the Mentawais, now get yourself there!

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple