Swallows Eaves Hotel
Swan Hill House(Colyford)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsreeds restaurantlyme regislovely hoteltop floorplenty of parkinglarge bathroompowerful showerrelaxing breakwould stay againfirst floorgood sizeevening mealstayed for one nightcomfortable bedswarm welcomeshort breakpleasant stay
Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

When we arrived we were greeted by Dorothy who was lovely and very helpful in letting us know places to eat, visit etc. The room was lovely and all you could need for a two night stay- a selection of Dorset teas and a kettle with two mugs ready and waiting! The bed was huge (we stayed in a deluxe superking) and the bedding was lovely and clean, in fact the whole room was very clean. There's a vanity mirror in the bathroom which was handy. My only complaint would be that the water didn't seem to get hot enough, the bath wasn't warm enough so we ended up putting some kettles of boiling water in. The shower was very good however.
Being two vegans, we weren't expecting to be able to eat much breakfast wise but we were very pleasantly surprised. There is a breakfast bar with amazing fresh fruit, seeds, juices, cereals etc (we brought our own hemp milk and dairy free butter along with us). There is a menu for cooked food- we both had beans on toast with big field mushrooms and tomatoes with fresh fruit to start. We were offered extra toast too, so we definitely didn't leave hungry!
I would advise if planning on staying here to check out the distance from Lyme Regis town where most of the dinner spots are, as we ended up paying £40 for taxis to and from the town for an evening out. If we'd just walked down the road we would have found a few perfectly adequate pubs.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Grace M
Reviewed 21 February 2018

What a lovely place to stay! Warm friendly staff, clean facilities, good food.. Was only in town for a day with a client but this place made my trip down from London feel like a mini-holiday.. The views are really nice too..

Stayed: January 2018
1  Thank Richard W
Reviewed 20 January 2018

Although I had read previous reviews, we were still pleasantly surprised. The building has obviously gone through some extensive refurbishment and is tastefully decorated throughout. Our room was very clean with a comfortable super king bed and good quality bedding.
There was a good selection of fresh fruit and cereals and a cooked breakfast was offered too.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dianahoohar
Reviewed 15 November 2017

I had a charming time at the Swallows Eaves Hotel. My room was warm, clean, and bright and the breakfast was delicious! Dorothy, the proprietor, is very friendly, and kind. I had a technical issue when booking on a hotel platform site and accidentally was charged a cancelation fee. Dorothy had this refund ready for me when I checked in-something I was not anticipating!! I would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Tayah H
Reviewed 12 November 2017

This is a charming B&B just outside of town in a very quiet village but close to everything you would want in this part of Devon.
The room was spotlessly clean and quite spacious, very smartly decorated with its own en suite shower room.
The heating was fully controllable for added comfort.
Shower was powerful and stable with no drop in temperature.
Breakfast was one of the best we have had, perfectly cooked with loads of choice and table service.
Plenty of car parking within the grounds.
The owner and staff were very helpful and ready to please.
Difficult to fault this place so I won’t bother.
Chris and Lyn Oct 2017.