“An Outstanding introduction to surfing and so much more!”
Review of Venus Surf Adventures - CLOSED

Toronto
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“An Outstanding introduction to surfing and so much more!”
Reviewed 17 February 2011

I participated in the Oahu trip in October of 2010. This was an incredible holiday from booking to goodbye. The surfing was by far the best part with excellent instruction and great conditions, however, the holiday included many other planned activities, both physical and cultural. There was something for everyone. Our Venus Surf Adventure hosts; Dean and Ingrid, took great care in planning all the details meticulously, right down to the wonderful food and a complete trip memory CD of pictures. Highly recommend!!

Visited October 2010

Brooklyn, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrific holiday, great teachers, wonderful group and thoroughly energizing.”
Reviewed 16 February 2011

Dean and Ingrid were great hosts. I came wanting a great holiday and to learn to surf (or at least, get up on the board). Both happened and some. The group was wonderful, different abilities, lots of fun be with. We had a great set of trips put together, lots of surfing, great meals and wonderful accommodation. I would go again, in a heart beat. If you are thinking about going, do it. You won't regret it.

Visited March 2010
Santa Barbara, California
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Surfing, yoga, hiking, gorgeous sunsets, and great people!”
Reviewed 16 February 2011

Pavones is a wonderful tiny surf town on the edge of the jungle, and Dean & Ingrid are the perfect hosts! Waking to howler monkeys, fun surf lessons with Dean, fabulous lomi lomi massage with Ingrid, hiking, bicycling, yoga, and delicious food all in a beautiful setting! I went alone, and felt like I was just visiting friends. The river spa day with Ingrid and two friends was definitely a highlight!
Pavones is a special place, and Venus Surf Adventures captures it all! They will cater to the activities and preferences you have to make your trip fabulous! I highly reccomend it!

Visited April 2010
Downey, California
“Most amazing trip ever!”
Reviewed 16 February 2011

A friend recommended Venus Surf and before I knew it a group of 8 of us were on our way. Dean & Ingrid planned every part of our trip perfectly from the restaurants to the surf lessons to massages. It was the best of both worlds in that you had enough to keep you busy (hiking, surfing) yet you had plenty of time to relax and enjoy the beautiful scenery.
This was the very first time I surfed and my instructor Amy was so helpful and patient. The waves weren't as scary as I thought and the water was the perfect temperature. I'd also like to rave about the food. Honestly, the best ever. Everything was fresh and delicious. I craved the fresh pineapple guava juice for weeks after.

Visited June 2010
San Francisco, California
“Incredible experience”
Reviewed 15 February 2011

I wish I could do this every single year. This was one of the best experiences of my life. Pavones is amazing- a rare nearly -off- the- grid gem. Ingrid and Dean are impeccably organized and, yet, incredibly fun. It was a perfect mix of surf instruction, hiking, river tubing, nature and wildlife (sloths, iguanas, monkeys, parrots) and eating.
The only problem? Now I am afraid to ruin the wonderful memories of easy wave riding in warm water by surfing northern California's frigid beaches.

Visited March 2010