Lowest prices for your stay
InterContinental
Save more with IHG One Rewards
Priceline
AU$391
All reviews rooftop pool beautiful hotel high tea intercontinental sydney circular quay intercontinental brand away from the hustle and bustle restaurants and cafes concierge cbd bay balcony ferry marble ambassador minibar blinds
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 February 2021

A very nice staycation, something a little different to the CBD. With a number of restaurants close by.
We had a village view and the room was very nice.
The breakfast was handled very well to comply with COVID.
Parking was easy in the very close Wilson Parking - $50 for 24 hours.
My only issue was the WIFI, there were problems and it was very slow.

Date of stay: February 2021
InterContinental Sydney Double Bay , Owner at InterContinental Sydney Double Bay, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2021

Dear Tracey M,

Thank you for choosing to stay at InterContinental Sydney Double Bay for your staycation.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you were impressed with the hotel's delightful Double Bay village location.

I do hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Yours sincerely,
Ralf Bruegger

Reviewed 2 February 2021

We had a terrible stay at this hotel. The pool is more of a wading pool it’s really quite small the pictures make it look allot bigger then it is. The pool seating area is however nice with a nice outlook and they make nice cocktails. The bell staff seemed pleasant. And the breakfast was nice, the restaurant for dinner was ok the wait for food was about 45 minutes, the staff were pleasant enough.

There was a drug fuelled party in the room above us which went until 4am. We called reception on two occasions but this did little and the receptionist didn’t seem to care. We could smell cigarette smoke, hear loud music, bottle popping, loud intoxicated voices. chairs crashing down on the balcony, talk of snorting lines and in the morning the smell of pot from the balcony. Would have been a great party but not something you want to be underneath. I mentioned this at check out and also emailed about this, the best response I got was thank you we will communicate this to our staff. It’s clear that this is the sort of clientele they are after, so if your keen to party perfect place for you., otherwise steer clear,

Room tip: Go for top floor or you’ll end up part of sometime else party.
5  Thank YukiCatSydney
IHG Service, Owner at InterContinental Sydney Double Bay, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2021

Hi YukiCatSydney,

I understand the importance of your rest and quality of sleep, and I'm truly sorry to see the party on the floor above was a major issue. This is not the kind of experience we want to provide to our guests. I hope you can accept my most sincere apologies for the matter. I have also sent you a PM to discuss this a bit more.

Thank you for making us your choice. I hope we get the chance to host you again in the future and show you we can do better. Stay safe!

Alejandro G.

Reviewed 1 February 2021

A clean and well appointed Hotel that is really the only option for a 4.5+ stay in Double Bay. Central location means easy access to the shops and cafes. Staff very friendly (thanks Nicola). The roof-top pool/bar gets a good vibe in the later afternoons _ just need that pool water a little warmer. Pets seemed to be welcome and didn't cause any grief. Balcony rooms over the bay have a nice view. The high tea room needs a bit more 'wow' and the entrance is slightly underwhelming.

Dear JK Auckland,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience at InterContinental Sydney Double Bay.

I was delighted to read that you were impressed with Rooftop and our friendly staff, I will be sure to pass on your kind words to Nicola who will be most appreciative.

It was sincerely a pleasure to have you as our guest. I do hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Yours sincerely,
Ralf Bruegger

Reviewed 21 January 2021

Room was beautiful - comfortable beds, gorgeous bathroom, enclosed toiled gave the bathroom a real clean feel. Robes provided as one would expect for a 5 star and the price. My biggest criticism though, is some of the staff that work the late night. I ordered room service at around 11PM, it came to the room cold. It was obvious to me that it had previously been frozen and that it hadn't been re-heated properly. This was incredibly disappointing. When another one was eventually made and served at the correct temperature, it was missing a fork. I then called and asked for one, and instead of a fork, I was given pillows. It was clear to me that there was a language barrier. I have no issue with staff who are from other countries and have accents, but to the point where English is not understood properly is certainly a huge issue. The staff members at night time were also rude in their level of customer service.

As another reviewer had mentioned, there is a presence of large dogs around. I've no issue with guide dogs in order to help vision impaired persons, but these dogs didn't seem to be guide dogs.

I tried to use the pool at around 2PM - the door was shut and it was completely closed. Moet Chandon vending machine was broken.

At one stage when I took a taxi, the people infant of me in the pickup area had simply stopped and were all having a conversation. 5 minutes went by. The usher was not moving them along and I was stuck in the taxi. He gave a small toot - still the car didn't move. After 5 minutes I needed to get out of the taxi and politely ask the employee to move the car along. He advised us to reverse out instead.

All in all, these aspects took a 5 star to what I believe is a 3, and perhaps even a 2 for the price. I'd stay here again given that all of the above issues are resolved.

Date of stay: December 2020
2  Thank citytocity1
IHG Service, Owner at InterContinental Sydney Double Bay, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2021

Hi citytocity1,

Thank you for your visit. Our hotel is the perfect place to relax and maintain your self connected with your loved ones.

I read your comments and appreciated your mention of our beautiful facilities. I am sorry that you had issues with our staff, loose dogs, and pool, among other things. I understand your disappointment about these matters. I forwarded your comments to our managing team and took the necessary measures to prevent issues like this from ever happened again.

I invite you to visit us on your next trip.

Great wishes,

Oscar C.

Reviewed 16 January 2021 via mobile

Amazing Double Bay location, however the property feels tired and definitely over priced for Sydney standards. Surprised by how many large dogs are enjoying the hotel facilities. Rooftop bar and pool has great Sydney harbour views but felt more like a small kids pool and very busy. We tried to go up twice but they were at capacity. The Moët vending machine out of order and no towels at 4.45pm.

Overall, I’d recommend stay more for the double bay sightseeing staycation rather than amazing hotel facilities.

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IHG Service, Owner at InterContinental Sydney Double Bay, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2021

Hello S0nyaL,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to write us a candid feedback of your most recent stay.

I am thrilled to know that you found the location to your liking. However, I'm sorry to learn that you didn't enjoy your overall stay experience with us due to the issues encountered with the pool, vending machine not working and that you found hotel a bit dated and pricey. As a guest your insights are important to us and we appreciate you letting us know your thoughts about your stay. I have made the hotel management aware of your comments as a reference to considered when planning future upgrades to ensure an impeccable stay for all our guests in the future.

I hope you choose us again when you travel back to the area!

Many thanks,