“Wonderful meal”

The Castle Hotel Bar
Ranked #7 of 9 things to do in Eynsford
Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed a perfect Sunday lunch at The Castle Hotel. Our food was absolutely delicious and the service was very, very good. I would highly recommend visiting The Castle Hotel!

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Popped along to the first (of many I hope) open mics on Sunday evening.
Great atmosphere, great music and the staff did brilliantly.
I can't make the next one which I think is Sunday 1st July but we will be back!

Reviewed 14 December 2017 via mobile

When it first opened, the menu was vast and food was quality. Now that the owners operate more than one pub, they don't do the cooking.

The menu doesn't change and if it does changes then very random food is added making your choice limited to just burgers really.

The family are all great people. Just a shame the food has gone down so much that I won't be going back

Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

This place is such a gem and in my opinion, far superior to it's competitors in the area. I had the ham and cheese Ploughmans lunch which being so massive, represented such good value. Harry the Barman was amazing giving 5* service and entertaining my 4 year old despite having lots to do - she now wants to invite him to her birthday party! Whilst there were no baby changing facilities, a lovely lady gave me a towel and somewhere private to change my 10 week old so I didn't have to use the toilet floor. I will definitely be back soon thanks to your delicious food and warm hospitality.

See more reviews
Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

This hotel is very nice. Smaller than I thought but still nice. Very clean & staff were lovely & friendly. Our room was room 7. Bed was so comfy tv & wifi very good. There was a funny smell in our room which was a bit annoying think it was coming from the kitchen below also the room was quite noisy I suppose during kitchen open times but if you don't mind that then it's a lovely room. The drinks & food were too expensive for us so we ate at the malt shovel down the road much cheaper & the meals were nice.
The cooked breakfast at Castle hotel was complimentary & was very nice. Nice little location but not a lot to do. We stayed 2 days which was just enough to explore & relax in nice surroundings. Lots of robins here & birds singing. Little shop opposite for basics can get sandwich there & down the road The sweet shop newspapers cards & sweets. Sat by the river which was nice. Saw the highland cows down the road & had a walk round the castle ruins. Didn't go to eagle heights so can't comment on that. Enjoyed our stay though but 2 days was definitely enough unless you have a car & can go further afield. Also bus stop right outside to Swanley.