“Such a good experience ”

The Castle Hotel Bar
Ranked #7 of 9 things to do in Eynsford
Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

This place is such a gem and in my opinion, far superior to it's competitors in the area. I had the ham and cheese Ploughmans lunch which being so massive, represented such good value. Harry the Barman was amazing giving 5* service and entertaining my 4 year old despite having lots to do - she now wants to invite him to her birthday party! Whilst there were no baby changing facilities, a lovely lady gave me a towel and somewhere private to change my 10 week old so I didn't have to use the toilet floor. I will definitely be back soon thanks to your delicious food and warm hospitality.

Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

This hotel is very nice. Smaller than I thought but still nice. Very clean & staff were lovely & friendly. Our room was room 7. Bed was so comfy tv & wifi very good. There was a funny smell in our room which was a bit annoying think it was coming from the kitchen below also the room was quite noisy I suppose during kitchen open times but if you don't mind that then it's a lovely room. The drinks & food were too expensive for us so we ate at the malt shovel down the road much cheaper & the meals were nice.
The cooked breakfast at Castle hotel was complimentary & was very nice. Nice little location but not a lot to do. We stayed 2 days which was just enough to explore & relax in nice surroundings. Lots of robins here & birds singing. Little shop opposite for basics can get sandwich there & down the road The sweet shop newspapers cards & sweets. Sat by the river which was nice. Saw the highland cows down the road & had a walk round the castle ruins. Didn't go to eagle heights so can't comment on that. Enjoyed our stay though but 2 days was definitely enough unless you have a car & can go further afield. Also bus stop right outside to Swanley.

Reviewed 14 April 2017

Two female bar staff last night Thursday 13/4/2017, were extremely rude, after being challenged about short measures.
Our drinks were poured by a younger taller girl, but clearly the bottle did not have enough spirit in it to make two drinks, which I challenged as i saw the second measure poured, from the now almost empty bottle.
I was told that yes the measures were full, despite the bottle being completely empty, so the bottle miraculously had exactly the right amount in it, they had no replacement, I then asked to see the glasses before any tonic was poured, was told the ice was affecting the levels, (how about offer to take the ice out ?) then the short blonde haired manageress, the one with absolutely no management skills whatsoever piped up, "let's stop talking about it what do you want it topped up with?"
Our response, keep the drinks & we walked out.

This used be our local, never again, that was the last straw.

Gordon & Sharon, have a word in someone's ear, this is absolutely what happened !!

Reviewed 26 September 2016 via mobile

Without a doubt, the Castle has the best food in the Eynsford area. Every meal I've had there - mussels, roast dinners, full English breakfasts - have been superb. They only use locally sourced food, and the chef(s) there do a terrific job. There is an extensive drinks menu and the menu even gives you suggestions for what drinks to pair with what food.

The only negative is that the service can be slow at times, but if you're not in a hurry, the Castle is the best place to eat in the area.

See more reviews
Reviewed 10 September 2016

Stayed 2 Nights on arrival we were greeted by friendly staff everybody said hello, Our Room was a double, slightly small but had all mod cons and on suite was perfect!! (loved the shower)
We had Dinner both nights in the Hotel, The Food was amazing and the menu had some pub classics along with some original and different dishes.
Loved the Pimped up Prosecco menu, Once again all the staff were great.
Last but not least was the breakfast WOW is all I can say local produce and a great choice I had the Veggie option which was amazing my partner had the Full English which she said was very tasty and cooked perfectly!!
Just want to say a big THANKYOU to all the staff for making our stay a great one :-) !!