“RUDE WITH ZERO MANNERS”

The Castle Hotel Bar
Ranked #7 of 9 things to do in Eynsford
Reviewed 14 April 2017

Two female bar staff last night Thursday 13/4/2017, were extremely rude, after being challenged about short measures.
Our drinks were poured by a younger taller girl, but clearly the bottle did not have enough spirit in it to make two drinks, which I challenged as i saw the second measure poured, from the now almost empty bottle.
I was told that yes the measures were full, despite the bottle being completely empty, so the bottle miraculously had exactly the right amount in it, they had no replacement, I then asked to see the glasses before any tonic was poured, was told the ice was affecting the levels, (how about offer to take the ice out ?) then the short blonde haired manageress, the one with absolutely no management skills whatsoever piped up, "let's stop talking about it what do you want it topped up with?"
Our response, keep the drinks & we walked out.

This used be our local, never again, that was the last straw.

Gordon & Sharon, have a word in someone's ear, this is absolutely what happened !!

Reviewed 26 September 2016 via mobile

Without a doubt, the Castle has the best food in the Eynsford area. Every meal I've had there - mussels, roast dinners, full English breakfasts - have been superb. They only use locally sourced food, and the chef(s) there do a terrific job. There is an extensive drinks menu and the menu even gives you suggestions for what drinks to pair with what food.

The only negative is that the service can be slow at times, but if you're not in a hurry, the Castle is the best place to eat in the area.

Reviewed 10 September 2016

Stayed 2 Nights on arrival we were greeted by friendly staff everybody said hello, Our Room was a double, slightly small but had all mod cons and on suite was perfect!! (loved the shower)
We had Dinner both nights in the Hotel, The Food was amazing and the menu had some pub classics along with some original and different dishes.
Loved the Pimped up Prosecco menu, Once again all the staff were great.
Last but not least was the breakfast WOW is all I can say local produce and a great choice I had the Veggie option which was amazing my partner had the Full English which she said was very tasty and cooked perfectly!!
Just want to say a big THANKYOU to all the staff for making our stay a great one :-) !!

Reviewed 21 July 2016 via mobile

A lovely welcome . .the hottest day of the year so the fan was a fabulous addition to the room . .
The staff were very attentive and chatty and very knowledgeable about the food . . Will be going back for the amazing food . . Thank you . Mel and Oscar x

See more reviews
Reviewed 25 March 2016 via mobile

Lovely general atmosphere with tasteful decor. General bar staff lovely. The landlord (presuming) spoiled the evening by talking about our group behind the bar to other staff making me in particular feel like a nuisance. It would have been better if we had been asked politely to start wrapping up our evening. I understand what a hard business, maybe some rest is in order possibly by getting someone in to take responsibility to recharge batteries. I will be back as overall good but don't get complacent.