“Attitude”

The Castle Hotel Bar
Ranked #7 of 9 things to do in Eynsford
Reviewed 25 March 2016 via mobile

Lovely general atmosphere with tasteful decor. General bar staff lovely. The landlord (presuming) spoiled the evening by talking about our group behind the bar to other staff making me in particular feel like a nuisance. It would have been better if we had been asked politely to start wrapping up our evening. I understand what a hard business, maybe some rest is in order possibly by getting someone in to take responsibility to recharge batteries. I will be back as overall good but don't get complacent.

Reviewed 28 November 2015 via mobile

Having seen this place on the tv programme Four in a Bed, I visited with a friend as its nearby. Unfortunately it was rather disappointing. We parked in the car park and entered from that side of the building. There were lots of cigarette butts right by the door which was not nice to see. The bar area smelled quite bad, the soft furnishings on the easy chairs were stained and dirty. The whole place looked like it could do with a deep clean. The food was just ok. The barman was good though. The son of the owners. I can't recommend this establishment on the basis of this visit and won't be returning.

Reviewed 18 October 2015 via mobile

All started ok. Starters was nice apart from the sata sauce. We then waited almost an hour for our main. We are pretty sure they forgot about us and had we not asked would still be waiting. Food was nice just be prepared for a wait.

2  Thank Emma W
Reviewed 14 June 2015 via mobile

I ordered a meal and while the portion was large the food was bland and tasteless. When I was asked how the food was I told them. I was told they never had a complaint before and made to feel it was me and not the food. Very poor indeed.

1  Thank Colin874