All reviews full hookups free showers nice gift shop bathrooms and showers nice campground picnic tables alaska highway pull thru washers and dryers army vehicles per device fire ring laundry room pull through sites free internet is small store job done
Reviewed 21 September 2017

This park was nice, clean and I really appreciated a free hot shower. My kids played on the swingset and we enjoyed a campfire at our site. We have nothing bad to say! What an upgrade over other places we've stayed along the Alaska Highway. I would recommend this park to everyone!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 September 2017

Loved this place! The front desk was super friendly and the campground was beautiful. Lots of trees! The laundromat was very convenient and the gift store was fantastic. No need to look any further for souvenirs! I will definitely be back!!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

The front desk staff were rude. Free wifi does not make up for the ridiculous cost in firewood. The showers were freezing, when asking the front desk to adjust they sent maintenece an hour later when the shower was done. The clerk at the front told me 'I never go in the shower, I wouldn't know what the temp is like in there'.
Being a remote camp manager myself, your clients are the most important. It may be the end of the season, but it does not excuse the rude front desk staff.
If I could have put less than one star I would have.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
John D, Owner at Hi Country RV Park, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Dear Lindsay
It was unfortunate that we had a heat problem in washroom/shower and you were the first person to encounter it. We had our maintenance person promptly arrive but you turned him away and said everything was okay because you had turned on ALL the showers and blowdryers to heat up the room. This was in complete disregard to the cost to us and would not have happened if we used metered showers as most campgrounds do. Also, our firewood is the cheapest in the Yukon.

Reviewed 26 August 2017

This campground is very crowded during peak season but was quiet and well maintained. The restrooms were very nice and clean and easy to get to from our site. It has a small store and gift shop on site and there are a line of historic vehicles that were used when they were building the Alaskan Highway. Location is close to town where you can find plenty of places to eat.

Room Tip: Try and get a site that isn't right next to the check in office
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

Very nice campground with free showers. Not extra roomy but compared to many we have seen and used, it is better than most. Showers and bathrooms very clean, prices are quite reasonable, and the gift shop is outstanding. A very nice place to stay in a wonderful city.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple