All reviewsfull hookupsfree showersnice gift shopbathrooms and showersnice campgroundpicnic tablesalaska highwaypull thruwashers and dryersarmy vehiclesper devicefire ringlaundry roompull through sitesfree internet issmall storejob done
Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

The front desk staff were rude. Free wifi does not make up for the ridiculous cost in firewood. The showers were freezing, when asking the front desk to adjust they sent maintenece an hour later when the shower was done. The clerk at the front told me 'I never go in the shower, I wouldn't know what the temp is like in there'.
Being a remote camp manager myself, your clients are the most important. It may be the end of the season, but it does not excuse the rude front desk staff.
If I could have put less than one star I would have.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
John D, Owner at Hi Country RV Park, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Dear Lindsay
It was unfortunate that we had a heat problem in washroom/shower and you were the first person to encounter it. We had our maintenance person promptly arrive but you turned him away and said everything was okay because you had turned on ALL the showers and blowdryers to heat up the room. This was in complete disregard to the cost to us and would not have happened if we used metered showers as most campgrounds do. Also, our firewood is the cheapest in the Yukon.

Reviewed 26 August 2017

This campground is very crowded during peak season but was quiet and well maintained. The restrooms were very nice and clean and easy to get to from our site. It has a small store and gift shop on site and there are a line of historic vehicles that were used when they were building the Alaskan Highway. Location is close to town where you can find plenty of places to eat.

Room Tip: Try and get a site that isn't right next to the check in office
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

Very nice campground with free showers. Not extra roomy but compared to many we have seen and used, it is better than most. Showers and bathrooms very clean, prices are quite reasonable, and the gift shop is outstanding. A very nice place to stay in a wonderful city.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2017

We had no reservations and we paid the consequences, we got a back-in site that was way too close to the neighbors and water/electric only. My ratings reflect my personal experience with the site I had. Looked like all the sites are close together. There are many trees, so there is some shade. Whitehorse is a bigger town than most along the Alaskan highway, there is a Wal-mart and large grocery store. Gas is cheaper here. If I had to, I would stay here again, though I would make reservations for pull-thru with full hookups.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed at Hi Country RV Park at the end of the Yukon adventure to get our rental RV unit organized for return the next day. Hi Country reception and registration staff were friendly and efficient. Bathrooms and showers were clean and free. There was laundry services but we didn't use them. Camp sites are your "condo style" which is pretty much the case when needing/using services. Everything worked well, we felt safe. Well priced for services received.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family