All reviews view hotel inn river room was large fridge and microwave convenient location yukon downtown convenience trail
Reviewed 17 September 2018

Stayed at the Best Value Inn while driving the ALCAN to Anchorage, Alaska. The hotel has a great location in the center of town. Virtually everything is in walking distance and we had a great view of the river from our room. The hotel is adjacent to bars and there some down-and-out people that mill around the area chain smoking. It was a bit unpleasant to expose my children to so much cigarette smoke even around the hotel entrance. The rooms and hotel itself look like they will be in need of renovation soon. Some of the devices in the room (lamps, radio etc) did not seem to work even when plugged in. Staff were very kind. Decent value for location.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2018

STEER CLEAR , FOLKS! (p.s. this has nothing to do with the deplorable conditions of this place which I learned about later. Google the reviews.) This Whitehorse "Best Value Inn" took my money and ran! I place-holded a room over the phone, instructing the woman (Kelly?) not to charge my card, as I would cancel or book within the following half-hour.(very few avail rooms in town that day) Kelly, said "No problem." After confirming other plans w/travel-mates, I called Kelly back within a half-hour and cancelled the reservation. She said "Okay." THERE WAS NO EMAIL or TEXT CONFIRMATION of booking/ or cancellation. Then, 9 1/2 hours later, at 2 a.m., in the early morning, as I lay asleep in our BnB, I got a call from the manager, Mr. Ujjwal Sinha. He began yelling at me: "Where are you?" and then continued the tirade, claiming I had booked the room. I explained my phone calls to Kelly. He interrupted: "What's the booking number?" "You can't prove it." " I have no record of you talking to this person." "We have a 24-hour cancellation policy, etc". In Mr. Sinha's defense, the 24-cancellation policy was in effect, and to him I had no defense. BUT the woman on the phone, Kelly, told me nothing about the cancellation policy, and had even assured me that my CC would not be charged as it was made clear the CC was only used as a placeholder. I called the RCMP as I suspected possible fraud as I read in the reviews that this Whitehorse hotel has done this. It comes down to proof of the oral agreement between Kelly, Mr. Sinha's employee, and me. The result of the strangeness and unpleasantness is that I'm out $250+., and am now filing fraud report with Visa.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 August 2018

I cancelled my reservation over the phone, a month in advance and well within my cancellation terms. I continued to get automated e-mails that I was going to be billed, about my upcoming stay and to provide feedback on my stay. I even called the hotel back to indicate the situation and reconfirm my cancellation. I was told they would get back to me and they NEVER did. I was not billed anything but found this whole experience very frustrating.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

John, which is his Starbucks name, went above and beyond to accomodate me and my 4 friends when every room in every hotel in town was full due to forest fires. When we thought we might have to sleep in our vehicle crammed together he came through with not just a single bed room but a room for 5. 10/10 service. Super friendly and accommodating. Thanks John

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

My friends and I came to Whitehorse to see a friend off at the airport. Unfortunately, all other hotels were full and this place worked hard to provide a really nice room for our group of friends.
Three beds for a reasonable price! Way better than sleeping in a car.

Thank you John (it’s his Starbucks name) for saving our hides! He was very kind and very welcoming, & willing to help us!

Trip type: Travelled with friends