See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 October 2016

Not the first time I have eaten at the Airport Chalet at both breakfast and for dinner. I've never done a review before and thought it was time I did. Eggs Benedict is one of my favourites and so this past Sunday, I thought I would have it again. I thoroughly enjoyed it. My poached eggs were medium, the shredded potatoes were so good and there was plenty of hollandaise sauce which I love. No skimping here. I couldn't finish it all.

Again on Thursday night-Oct. 13th, I could feel my welcome was wearing thin with my children, so I took myself to the Airport Chalet for dinner. I was actually craving a burger, because I had been eating with them and eating healthy. I was on holiday in Whitehorse and a homemade burger with fries seemed exactly what I needed. Well priced, tasty and in the dining room area the fireplace was on and I opened up my book to eat and read. I was however engaged in conversation by a woman who has lived in the Yukon for 21 years, who was waiting for her girlfriends to join her. So we chatted to learn we were both social workers and began comparing notes. What a fun evening I had. The food was great, the company very enjoyable as I was not hanging with 20 year olds, so ended up learning alot about these three women's love of Whitehorse and why they wouldn't ever go back to where they had originated from-one from London, England; one from B.C. and one from Ontario. Everyone is friendly and got great service.

Breakfast on a weekend is a treat for one other reason and that is the freshly baked cinnamon buns, which I did take for brunch at my daughter's. My friend Coelin is often the server in the breakfast area on Sat. and Sun. so I like eating there on a weekend, when she is helping out. If you go on a Sat. or Sunday morning, say hi to Coelin for me!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 August 2016

Don't be put off by appearances. Despite its age, you get a great experience staying in a place that reflects the Yukon and its history.
Lord only knows when the building was built as the foundations have given way so that the floors wander up and down. However that's part of the appeal - getting out of bed in the middle of the night and wondering if you had one too many drinks at the bar.
Decor is likely '70s but again that's part of the appeal of staying in an old hotel.
The big plus is the friendly service at check in and in the bar and restaurant.
We had both dinner and breakfast there and its good fare!
Room was clean and comfortable and again reflected its age.
Room rates are very reasonable and are in keeping with the level of 'luxury'.
If you are happy with old but clean, looking for a step back in time, friendly service, and good in house food, this is the place to stay. We will be back.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2016

I was with a friend and we where staying at a much higher class hotel in downtown whitehorse and we where going to stay in the same hotel for another night but when we went to reserve a room we where told that the hotel was fully booked for the fowllowing day so we called a few other higher class hotels but they where also fully booked because of some conference that was going on. So we ended up booking a room in this place.. Upon entering the room the first thing that we noticed was that all of the furniture was old and outdated.. And when i went to the frot desk to get the password for the wifi i was told that it was not working and that someone was going to be going to the hotel to fix it so when i went back a few hours later i was told that they couldnt get anyone to come to the hotel to fix it
for a bit more money you are better off staying at a higher class hotel..

Stayed: August 2016
2  Thank Robert O
Reviewed 24 August 2016

Not eating here ever again. I've been a long time customer at this restaurant, never had problems with food or service. Everyone is usually friendly and ready to serve customers.

My dad and I sat down for lunch hour, and it took the waitress 15 minutes to even come over to take our order, even though we indicated we were ready to order 2 minutes after receiving our menus. She WAS friendly, and there was only 2 other tables besides us (who were waiting on other people to arrive), but she seemed very rushed already.

Although she was pleasant to start with - when we asked to have our food packaged up (as we had been waiting for 2 sandwiches for 40 minutes) as we had to return to work.. she became very annoyed and short with us. The manager then came over and asked what the problem was, and we explained that we had been waiting and we now had to leave.

When we realized it was going to be another 10 minutes to package the food - we decided to pay and leave at that point as we could not be late for work. We paid the full bill, and as we did.. the waitress became very annoyed and belittled us for expecting sandwiches to be done in 30 minutes. Additionally the manager then became very huffy, and shoved past me to walk away, shoving my purse from my side as he bumped into me. He did not apologize, and as we discussed with the waitress why we were leaving, she proceeded to throw her hands at us and yell that we were being ridiculous.

As we walked out, she shouted "Yeah! Thanks for the free BLTS! Have a nice day or whatever."

I would have liked to return to eat here another day, because the rush was not the issue. It was the rude and completely uncalled for response by the staff that sent me out. I will never eat at this establishment again.

FYI: this was only the experience I had with these particular lounge staff... all other encounters I have had with other staff have been nothing but stellar!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank yukoner867
Reviewed 17 August 2016

Came in very late on the Air North flight from Vancouver/Kelowna a few days ago and needed a place to sleep for a few hours before catching the early morning Air North flight to Dawson City. This place fit the bill perfectly. Don't spend money on a taxi (8.00) when you can walk across the street in 5 minutes to the hotel.

This place is an old timers motel/hotel with that lived in look (think early 70's vibe). But...the rooms were clean and the bathroom brand new (think 2016 Star Trek) and the staff were great and super friendly. And the world's largest cinnamon buns on sale from the amazing restaurant right across from check-in! I will be coming back...

Room Tip: Make sure to ask if they have the new bathrooms
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends