See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 July 2015

I ended up in one of the rooms in the 'motel' building outside. The carpet smelled awful, the room was so, SO hot, but I was afraid to open the windows because they were so big and on ground floor, it would have been super easy to be broken into. As well, the chain lock on my door was broken right off, so needless to say, I didn't sleep really well. The sheets had a lot of hair on them that definitely wasn't mine, so I slept on a couple of the towels instead of using the bedding. The bathroom was super clean, I'll give it that, but the shower was miserable. It was like there was no showerhead at all, it just sprayed painful water at high speeds, misting the whole bathroom, and I actually had to use the bathtub faucet to rinse shampoo out of my hair. The tv wasn't working, but I'm guessing that was more of an issue with the storm happening outside.

The restaurant was really awesome. Not a classy place, but they were so, SO accommodating to us all (10 of us in total.) They prepared food for us to take the next day, they were friendly, the food was tasty, there was tons of it, and it was wonderful to have such good service at a restaurant, especially when I didn't expect a whole lot.

Probably wouldn't stay here by choice, but I don't get to choose my work hotels.

Room Tip: I don't know if the indoor rooms are better or worse, but they looked safer.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank Jennifer D
Reviewed 22 July 2015

We found the Airport Chalet on out second visit to the Whitehorse area. We booked this hotel for one night but ended up staying two nights. We were traveling by private aircraft so this hotel is in a perfect location; just across the highway from the airport. Nice clean and very friendly. Not fancy but typical to what I have found in most northern hotels. With a pub style restaurant and a breakfast type restaurant in the building it doesn't get much easier going. We liked it better than the "fancy" downtown hotel we stayed at last trip. There is also city bus service out front if you want to tour the town. Rental cars were the most expensive I have come across and booked for a month in advance.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 May 2015

We have stayed here a couple of times when passing thru Whitehorse, but this time there were multiple issues, minor but annoying:

1. The room was quite warm, no A/C, but the window crank was broken, so we could not open the window.

2. The satellite TV system was not working, and we had to call someone to get the TV going. The signal was intermittent all evening, so we gave up watching.

3. No hair dryer in the room, and none available at the front desk to borrow. We were told the next morning that there is one to lend but it must have been taken already.

4. There is a mini-fridge but no microwave.

5. In the morning my husband was confused with which room we had and tried to enter the room next door. Our room key opened that door! Fortunately, the occupant was asleep and did not awaken. Security needs to be tightened.

Otherwise, the staff is friendly, the restaurant is decent, the room worn but serviceable, good WiFi, and it is close to the airport. OK for $100 a night.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2015

I have stayed at the Airport Chalet many times over the past 6 years while living and working in the Yukon. It is definitely not "classy" but is more typical of old style northern hotels. The hotel rooms are a bit weathered but decent. The staff is friendly and the restaurant serves good diner style food at good prices. I have not been to the bar but it seems to be popular.
The outside motel rooms are newer and more modern, if you prefer a slight upgrade.
Although on a Tripadvisor search for pet friendly this hotel does not come up It actually is quite pet friendly. If you do not have a vehicle it is awkward to get into town, but for airport convenience or if you have a car it is a good location. It is normally where I stay and I often travel with a pet.

Room Tip: The hotel rooms can be hot anytime of year. An oddity in many northern hotels. The motel rooms are more comfortable.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled solo
Thank jo .
Reviewed 6 January 2015

This was my second visit at Airport chalet. Its been around 3 years since my last visit here.
As a Houstonian, visiting far-northern part of Canada is a kind of refreshing challenge and excitement for me and also for my friend.
Airport Chalet is small but still classy. The hospitality of staff memeber and owner is exceptional as always. Not to mention the location (proximity to airport) and sweet and friendly environment, the atmosphere around it is like a good piece of picture painted by well blended brown and deep orange color, especially when you look at this hotel from a distance the beautiful orange sunset is portrayed overlapping an warm and cozy chalet around it.
The bar and restaurant were just great. foods are fabulous....

I can surely tell you this hotel would definitely warm you enough to forget arctic cold weather of Yukon, even make you feel this coldness is your new refreshment, a brand new experience in a traditional accomodation.

from Houston TX77030,