See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 May 2015

We have stayed here a couple of times when passing thru Whitehorse, but this time there were multiple issues, minor but annoying:

1. The room was quite warm, no A/C, but the window crank was broken, so we could not open the window.

2. The satellite TV system was not working, and we had to call someone to get the TV going. The signal was intermittent all evening, so we gave up watching.

3. No hair dryer in the room, and none available at the front desk to borrow. We were told the next morning that there is one to lend but it must have been taken already.

4. There is a mini-fridge but no microwave.

5. In the morning my husband was confused with which room we had and tried to enter the room next door. Our room key opened that door! Fortunately, the occupant was asleep and did not awaken. Security needs to be tightened.

Otherwise, the staff is friendly, the restaurant is decent, the room worn but serviceable, good WiFi, and it is close to the airport. OK for $100 a night.

Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2015

I have stayed at the Airport Chalet many times over the past 6 years while living and working in the Yukon. It is definitely not "classy" but is more typical of old style northern hotels. The hotel rooms are a bit weathered but decent. The staff is friendly and the restaurant serves good diner style food at good prices. I have not been to the bar but it seems to be popular.
The outside motel rooms are newer and more modern, if you prefer a slight upgrade.
Although on a Tripadvisor search for pet friendly this hotel does not come up It actually is quite pet friendly. If you do not have a vehicle it is awkward to get into town, but for airport convenience or if you have a car it is a good location. It is normally where I stay and I often travel with a pet.

Room tip: The hotel rooms can be hot anytime of year. An oddity in many northern hotels. The motel rooms are more comfortable.
Date of stay: November 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Thank jo .
Reviewed 6 January 2015

This was my second visit at Airport chalet. Its been around 3 years since my last visit here.
As a Houstonian, visiting far-northern part of Canada is a kind of refreshing challenge and excitement for me and also for my friend.
Airport Chalet is small but still classy. The hospitality of staff memeber and owner is exceptional as always. Not to mention the location (proximity to airport) and sweet and friendly environment, the atmosphere around it is like a good piece of picture painted by well blended brown and deep orange color, especially when you look at this hotel from a distance the beautiful orange sunset is portrayed overlapping an warm and cozy chalet around it.
The bar and restaurant were just great. foods are fabulous....

I can surely tell you this hotel would definitely warm you enough to forget arctic cold weather of Yukon, even make you feel this coldness is your new refreshment, a brand new experience in a traditional accomodation.

from Houston TX77030,
Sean Parker

Date of stay: December 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Sean P
Reviewed 3 December 2014

Sweet cozy lounge from the Alaska Highway days of old. Bountiful aerial history photo's on the walls. Lovely accommodating Staff and owners. Did I say central fireplace in lounge and cool diner Cafe.
Across from airport. Locals and travellers with many stories to share. Comfort Food.
Still have rooms for smokers.....winkWink

Date of stay: December 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank AurumJoy
Reviewed 14 October 2014

We flew into Whitehorse late in the day and walked just across the street to the Airport Chalet. The staff is very nice and helpful, making suggestions for area activities. The onsite restaurant and bakery are fantastic! We enjoyed the wonderful breakfast and were told the breads and many of the items are made fresh each day on the premises. If you're renting an RV from Canadream, like we did, it is also within walking distance of the hotel. The hotel is a short distance from town but also very quiet and restful.

Date of stay: September 2014