“Wonderful Sushi and Sashimi”

Asahiya Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 115 Restaurants in Whitehorse
Description: When you're craving fresh and flavourful Japanese cuisine, head to Asahiya Japanese Restaurant in Whitehorse. Our menu features all your favourites, including sushi rolls, gyoza dumplings, sunomono, tempura, teriyaki, udon, donburi and more.
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

We stopped here for an early dinner and went for the sushi/sashimi boat for two. We also had gyoza and saki. Everything was absolutely delicious and presented with an eye to detail. The service was prompt and friendly and we’ll definitely return for a visit next time we’re back in Whitehorse!

Reviewed 18 July 2018

Who would have thought that you could get fine Japanese food in the Yukon! Well this place was recommended by our tour director and she was right on. The food was excellent, affordable, and fresh.

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

My husband wanted to do Chinese but we couldn’t find the restaurant. I was very happy we found this one instead! I love to try new things, so when I saw Yaki Nasu, an eggplant appetizer on the menu I thought I give it a try. It was yummy! I did not expect that I would see the little threads on top moving as if alive. I also had the salmon & tuna sashimi - 8 good sized pieces. Hubby had the beef box which had loads of food in it, so much that I shared some!

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

Having walked past this place during the day thought we’d give it a try for dinner. We were not disappointed. We had a shared sushi platter to start with followed by udon noodles. The food was delicious, authentic and generous in size. We’ve been to many Japanese restaurants including in Japan and this place while not in the same league was still pretty good.

Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

For its relatively affordable prices, the food here is surprisingly good. Better sushi than downtown cheap eat places in Vancouver. Went back the day after the first dinner