“Great fish and chips”

Ranked #93 of 742 Restaurants in Saskatoon
Neighbourhood: Varsity View
Neighbourhood: Varsity View
Reviewed 2 October 2017

I haven't been since they moved, but my friend and I were craving fish, and I love going to new places. The decorations are the same as the old Salanaka Inn, but there is much more space than Gibsons old place. We both got the fish and chips. You really cant beat the flavor in the fish. Then for dessert I got Lemon pie, and my friend got the chocolate cake. Both very good. We will definitely got back when we have a fish craving.

Reviewed 29 September 2017

Home style fish and chips. Nice light coating but a little oily. Service was good but server was rushed. Good location and easy access.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

We googled fish and chip restaurants and Gibson's came up first so we tried it out and it was very good. A good variety menu of different fish choices and also chicken. Good home made style chips and English style fish. A nice family style restaurant that we will visit again.

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

We went here with our daughter and son in law. Our daughter was craving fish and chips and I'm so happy she was. It was a fantastic idea to come for supper here. My daughter and I ordered the no. 1 combo which consisted of a piece of fish, 6 scallops, fries and coleslaw. My husband ordered the scallops and fries, and coleslaw and son in law ordered the same. We were all very pleased with the food. Just getting back from the east coast the week before, it was very pleasing to have the fresh taste of fish and scallops here! Definitely a great place to have an amazing meal. This newer, bigger Gibsons is very clean, and a nice atmosphere. Serving staff was pleasant and helpful. Will definitely come back.

Reviewed 27 August 2017

I have been coming here for many years, but not anymore , now we go to Gerry`s , way better and less expensive , looks like the cooks don`t care anymore. The management doesn't give a Hoot. They will be closing there doors one day and wonder what happened .You serve crappy food overpriced, of course, your not staying in business. Most of the bars have better Fish and Chips than these guys do, and half the price