“Eat and get the #$%k out is the service ethic here”
Review of The Rook and Raven

The Rook and Raven
Ranked #10 of 733 Restaurants in Saskatoon
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 25 March 2018

My wife and I have been patronizing the Rook&Raven for years. We have dined there literally dozens if not a hundred times. We have noticed the food and furthermore, the quality of service declining over the past year or two and have been spending our money in other dining establishments accordingly. This afternoon was the first time in awhile we had been there. We ordered our drinks and meals, food was good, not great. Oh well. We were meeting friends there after they had finished work but in the meantime we were going to have another drink while waiting. As we were waiting, some people from what looked like a wedding began wondering in and sitting in the area where we where seated. Fine. We even offered our booth to some of them which was declined. We could have sat anywhere. Now the problem. We were barely finished our food and had not finished our drinks and the server came to our table and said " You want to settle up here". It was not a question. More like we were being told they needed our booth to accommodate these people. I noticed most of them were drinking water. Killing time between the wedding and reception. Not classy or appropriate to treat long time, good tipping patrons like they are some kind of bums. Doubt we will be back.

1  Thank Ricksman

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

The pork belly with Saskatoon Berries was to die for... and, adding their chocolate chili creme brûlée made me a happy boy! I’ll be back next time I’m in town!!!

Reviewed 9 March 2018

Seat yourself, no waiting. So I sat at the bar, and the bartender served my meal and drink. He was cordial and friendly. I ordered a pulled pork sandwich for $14 and a Shirley Temple for $5.50. One of the better Shirley Temples, but it came in a hock wine glass instead of a tall pop glass. The pulled pork was well presented, but very juicy. The ketchup has something tasty added to it. It was neat to see scotch eggs on the menu. The food came out within 10 minutes. I would call the atmosphere was classy casual semi-hipster. Like a lounge, but with upbeat soft rock music. The free wifi for guests didn't work for me. The washrooms were accessible, and held the same décor from the main restaurant. My favourite part was the service, the speed (I was in and out in 30 mins without feeling rushed), and that marble countertop. My least favourite bit was the price of the Shirley Temple.

1  Thank Mega D
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Its downtown so parking sucks! Otherwise we showed up and it was busy. Four of us sat at the bar and waited for a table. Within fifteen minutes two tables opened up. We had drinks and appys. I recommend the charcuterie board. It was good! Good ambiance and our waiter was great! Polite, funny and quick.

Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

Nice selection of beers and a cozy pub atmosphere. Was a little disappointed in my cheese steak was a little dry. But beer was great.