“Good beer”

Ranked #11 of 764 Restaurants in Saskatoon
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

Nice selection of beers and a cozy pub atmosphere. Was a little disappointed in my cheese steak was a little dry. But beer was great.

Reviewed 5 February 2018

Very good service.

Decent selection of local craft style beer.

Menu is different from what you would expect from most pubs.

If you are looking for nachos and wings, you probably won't find it on the menu.

A little pricey, but good food and it might force you out of your routine.

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

My sister and I came to Rook and Raven for our birthday dinner. She is from BC and I am newly arrived to Saskatoon, but had been in once before with my husband. Our food then was good, I’d had a salad so large I couldn’t finish it. I wanted to come back and try a savoury dish.
We entered when it was “seat yourself” and it took about 5 minutes before the staff noticed and came to greet us. The waitress definitely couldn’t be accused of being overly friendly, we ordered our drinks which were brought promptly. The Ceasar was delicious and my sister enjoyed her Pinot Grigio which was a special that evening. As another waiter dropped some food at a nearby table, when we was finished we asked him for a recommendation. He ended up recommending the Chicken Supreme and the Trout. We ordered both, they arrived fairly promptly, it wasn’t overly busy inside and was around 8:30 at night. My sister and I shared sample bites with each other. Her trout was accompanied by a lovely, fluffy and lightly spiced quinoa,delectable, and it was the best trout I’d ever tasted. She agreed, and said the tomato chutney on top was perfection.
My chicken supreme was also delectable. The skin was crisped and golden, the stuffing mixture inside was creamy and very tasty lying on a base of a creamy, savoury sauce that made every bite a treat. The accompanying mashed potatoes and seasonal vegetables were cooked to perfection. We finished off with the best creme brûlée I’ve ever had anywhere, as well as a dish of housemade ice cream. We were both very happy with our dinner experience and for drinks, meals and dessert the bill was very reasonable.
I will definitely recommend this place, and can’t wait for another chance to visit and sample more items from their tempting menu.

1  Thank Cara H
Reviewed 23 January 2018

4 of us went for supper her and found the menu had something for everyone and the service was top notch. Scotch eggs were a great appetizer followed by mac and cheese with a twist and others had great pasta and chicken. Also good beer on tap and cold.

Reviewed 15 January 2018

I love tuna salad so ordered this for brunch. All food was great except there was olives in the tuna salad! I am not sure how common this is but it ruined the open faced sandwich for me. I can see capers, sweet corn, even black beans as an addition but black olives totally overpowered the rest of the ingredients. I might have failed to read the fine print of the menu. Lesson learned.