Calderhouse Inn Bed & Breakfast
getaroom.com
USD 122*
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 September 2015

I've read the other reviews but we certainly didn't have any problems, Mari was pleasant and helpful and yes ~ the house is old and in process of being fixed up and yes ~ there was some dust (new house construction everywhere around the B&B so dust is inevitable and impossible to keep up with!). We enjoyed ourselves thoroughly and Mari went out of her way to make us lovely vegan breakfasts and excellent coffee which was served in the dining area of our suite. The location was perfect. We parked the car and walked to Broadway and all the shops. This B&B is obviously not for people who want 24hr service and 5-star accommodation but then the price reflects that! We are looking forward to visiting again.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mfwanfy
TheFoggyLemon, Marketing & Online Representative at Calderhouse Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2016

Thank you so much for the great review!

Reviewed 27 June 2015

I like old houses so this was perfect for us. The complimentary in room breakfast was great with carved fruit and sausages and eggs. I would go again for the quiet treed location the sounds of boats on the river and the nice deck.

Room Tip: liked the second floor suite
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for the great review! We look forward to having you come again!

Reviewed 14 September 2014

I saw the pics of a lovely house, and called to inquire further about availability. I left a message with my questions for Mari. At 10:30 that night, the phone rang!! The person said, "You called here?" It took several questions on my part to find out it was the Calderhouse B & B. She did not answer the questions I had left on the message, so again much probing to find out if the date I wanted was available, and if they did one night stays, as the website stated only weekly rates. Finally found out the rate for one night, and wanted to know how to reserve it. Mari said she does not accept credit cards as she "doesn't think it would be a good idea to have credit card numbers lying around"!! No kidding, maybe don't HAVE them lying around then. She went on to explain that I could do an E-Transfer or a money order. Fortunately by then I was frustrated enough and had such a poor impression of this woman that I had decided to find other accommodation!
What business calls clients at 10:30 at night!!!

Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Brenda R
Reviewed 7 September 2014

Have never stayed in such a run down B&B. I understand it is a century home but I have stayed in Century homes before and they have been clean and well kept. There was a dead mouse in a trap in the kitchenette.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kevin S
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My husband and I booked a night at Calder House expecting to enjoy a romantic weekend in Saskatoon. When we arrived the suite we were presented was dusty, and simply not what we saw in photos online. The bed had no mattress cover and was covered with only a thin sheet, a number of light fixtures were broken with parts left beside them and the romantic deck overlooking the river (as advertised) was half covered in shellac with the other half pilled high with old furniture and roof repair supplies, on top of this the whole suite was filled with the smell of shellac to the point that it was unusable! We were so disappointed that we chose to leave and find somewhere else to sleep for the night. It simply isn't what is advertised and cleanliness and comfort cannot be expected. We were very disappointed.

Room Tip: Pick a different B&B if you want a clean, comfortable nights sleep!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple