See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 June 2011

After emailing back and forth with the lady who runs the house I arrived after checkin time to discover she had not realized I was coming. The house is very difficult to find and there is no parking other than the narrow street,which is a problem for my suburban. The house was in need od serious repair and in one room it appeared the only heating was a large stand up fan type heater. Once in the actual room Mari started cleaning up for me, she didn't have any other rooms ready for me. This did not really bother me as then I could be sure the linens we changed and table actually washed. The thing that terrified me was when mari went to the small range and opened the oven. She turned it on and left the door open saying that was how she warmed up the room. There was a strange almost gas smell in the house already so this was definately no making me feel safe. I excused myself out of the house and never went back. Then she sent me rude emails about not staying. If you want to stay in a place that has scary smells and practices this is one for you. It was not for me!

• Stayed: February 2011
3  Thank fuzzymittens
Reviewed 6 May 2011

My wife and I stayed one night. It is located across the street from the river and close to downtown. The house looks quite impressive from the street, however as you get closer, you see that it needs a lot of cleaning up and work. It is a "tired" old house. The furniture is "old" and not in great shape. The suite we stayed in had a bedroom, bathroom and a sitting room with a little nook for a kitchen. The bedroom had cobwebs on the ceiling and the floor neede to be cleaned. The bathroom had a clean toilet, however, the bathtub was grimey and had hair in it from previous guests and the electrical outlet did not work. The couch on the sitting area had a grubby comforter and an old pillow. The kitchen are had few dishes and a the stove was a very old one that was located under some upper cupboards that were far too low (about a foot above the element). My wife and I have stayed in B&Bs coast to coast in Canada, in Europe and in Australia and New Zealand and we have never encountered one this dirty. The lady owner was very friendly and accommodating, however, this does help. We would not recommend this B&B to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank mocampbe
Reviewed 26 October 2010

This B&B was an absolute pleasure to stay in. The rooms are beyond spacious - for $105.00 I got a private room, with full bath, kitchen, dinning & living area. The immaculately restored home is spacious, brimming with antiques, and has a stunning view of the the river below. The friendly and charming Innkeeper prepared a delicious vegan breakfast for me and made every effort to make my stay extra special. Would stay here again anytime!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank Cross_Country_Trek
Reviewed 25 August 2010

Tried to arrange a time with the operator for arrival. We agreed that 9 pm would work for both of us. What happened next defies my imagination. I arrived 15 minutes early and went to the door - everything was dark inside. I knocked loudly on the door - no answer. I knocked a second time loudly on the door - no answer. We waited in our parked vehicle out front until 9 pm - no one entered the house, no sign of life. I telephoned at 9 pm and the operator answered ... but hung up. I telephoned back and could only connect to the voice mail. By this time I was getting frustrated so we ended up taking a hotel. The next morning, the operator emailed with a single word message "insane" - no explanation, no apology or anything constructive.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank hike20
Reviewed 23 January 2010

If you read the reviews from 2007 and 2008 you will see things like, great potential, serves breakfast in your room as the dinning area is under repair, well, here is it 2010 and nothing has changed. The dinning room is still under repair as is the kithcen and the rest of the house should be. We did see one very nice room, but that is it. I stayed in the Victorian, the bath tub does not have a shower but there is a hand held shower fixture, but no shower curtain. The towels were old, "hard" and smelt terrible. The small "kitchen" was not what I would call useable. The light switch did not have a face plate over it but a piece of wall paper over it. The hardwood floorts move under tyou feet and creak like crazy. Sadly while Mari is a very nice lady, I would recommen you do not stay here. There are many many other issues with this B&B. This is not the place to say.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business