“Great Spot”

Ranked #25 of 743 Restaurants in Saskatoon
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

This was a pretty cool spot with some very nice decor throughout the restaurant. I enjoyed the fish and chips and a nice beer. Staff was very friendly and quick to check back in.

Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

All other beer parlors in Sask try to measure up to this one. Watched the Caps win and it was awesome. Great atmosphere and TVs everywhere. And the beer was fantastic as usual. Food sometimes gets forgotten but it's great as well. This is a Saskatoon classic

Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed this place for beers and appy's during two nights of our stay in Saskatoon. The VLT area draws a bad crowd and we had problems with the low level criminals that hang out and try to rob people. We even asked the bartender why they're allowed in there with backpacks and looking like that. All in all a good place and we had fun. Saskatoon is sketchy downtown

Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

Caesar was very bitter, wine had sediment. The food was so so and the waitress was not experienced on how to deal with food or beverage issues.

Reviewed 19 February 2018

We went on a Saturday and it was not busy at all. Our waitress DID NOT seem very enthusiastic at all. Could not hear her asked her to speak up ,which seemed to bother her a bit.
I ordered the steak sandwich special. The waitress did not inform me that the special does not include any of the toppings that are listed on the menu that go with it. When I asked she replied, because its the social. Make no sense ,should be the same as on the menu. Besides that it was very overcooked and not seasoned.
My husband had the Canterbury burger which he said was good.
They do have an excellent assortment of beer there.
When it came to paying the check,I used a gift card . The waitress said we had to use the whole amount of the card in one sitting. ( Usually when you have a balance, most restaurants let you carry it over for next visit) I found this a little suspicious , Maybe she wanted a huge tip as we did not come close to using the whole amount up.
Would I recommend this place? yes if you don't want to use a gift card . If you do get a card, ask about the policy. Each time I asked to speak to the manager I was told he was busy. Again Suspicious.

1  Thank litew8t