“Home away from home!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 13 Saskatoon B&B and Inns
mcpheeville
“Home away from home!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2011

Clean, quiet, cozy, well-lit Pleasant staff. Situated conveniently close to hospital, university, shopping, the river. Would definitely recommend Laura's Lodge for an affordable, pleasant night's sleep! I spent two weeks here and found the living quarters comfortable.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank l m

Couples
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2011

Travelled to Saskatoon to visit a friend working at the University of Saskatchewan for a week. Location is great, the closest bus stops were a block away. You can even walk to the university 4 blocks away and catch a bus from the bus loop where almost every bus in Saskatoon passes by. For those of you brave enough, you can walk across the bridge and you'll be right downtown!

When I checked in, I was quickly greeted by the owner who was kind enough to take me on a tour of the entire place as he walked me to my room. My room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The bathrooms were shared with other guests and were always kept clean. There was a also common kitchen where you can keep your food in fridges and freezers.

I highly recommend Laura's Lodge as an affordable place to stay in Saskatoon. I would definitely stay again if I ever have to go back!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank superguy97
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2010

My only complaint is with the manager. Being a student working the overnight shift in Emergency into Xmas eve morning, I made sure to ask if sleeping a few extra hours in the morning would be acceptable. I was informed it was not an issue since nobody had the room booked and was not given a specific time for checkout. After renting the room for 12 days, checking out 3 hours late seemed reasonable. The manager insisted I pay another 42 dollars (half the price of another night) and wouldn't budge. He was aware that I had worked overnight until 8am and that I had made an arrangement to get a few hours of sleep. There was no notice given and no mention of an extra charge. Instead he decided to take off in his vehicle and leave it in the hands of the cleaning staff to add on the surcharge (who agreed the extra charge was not reasonable). The manager was hesitant speaking to me on the phone (apparently he was in a meeting, on xmas eve... Right.)

The otherwise enjoyable stay was overshadowed by the actions of the unprofessional passive aggressive manager. I cannot recommend anyone stay overnight at Laura's Lodge.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
13 Thank eman123
Gordon H, General Manager at Laura's Lodge, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
I am sorry you ended up with this issue. You rented another room for 12 nights and not this one, and we allowed you to stay in this room, which was your friends room, and we gave you a specific 3 hour late checkout. When you asked to stay till 6 PM, I was unfortunately unable to accommodate such a late checkout as the room was rented and we needed to clean the room. I am sorry your stay was not to your liking.
Alberta, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2010

Staying at Lauras Lodge for 2 nights on business. $95 a night. I got their exec suite (cant remember what they actually call it) which has a Television (an old 20 inch tube tv, but it works ok), and a private sink and toilet in room, unlike the cheaper rooms.

there are shared bathrooms for showering, hopefully there wont be a lineup in the morning (Im writing this shortly after arriving).

The number 1 thing i care about when staying at hotels is cleanliness, and my room was squeaky clean - bed, mattress, bathroom all checked thoroughly, and super clean.

They have wifi with great bandwidth, unlike the chain hotels which most of them severely limit your download speed. I was able to video skype with the wife and download my favorite shows no problem.

bed and pillows seem comfy (queen).

There is a common kitchen you can store your food and cook if you wish, and a den with couches and a large TV. If you like meeting people.

It is a lot like a bed and breakfast but without the breakfast. You get a key to a locked room, so privacy/security is not an issue. you also get a key for the outside door so you are never locked out at night.

Walls are thin enough to hear others in the kitchen, so if you like to party, do not stay here. Should be nice and quiet at night, no worries about drunk ppl waking you up at 3 am which seems to happen to me at hotels often.

No in room heat/air controls, but there was a plug in heater in case i found the room too cold (did not need it).

Location is great, right across the bridge from downtown, next to the University which is where i was doing work.

Considering I would spend $50 more at most hotels in Saskatoon, and those hotels have cleanliness complaints all over tripadvisor, i would say Lauras Lodge is a great value for those who need super clean rooms to feel comfortable. If my work brings me here again, I will definitely stay here.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Hello Rick,

We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We do take pride in being the cleanest place in town. We also take pride in our excellent free wifi capabilities. The entire lodge is spotless including the shared kitchen so it works very well for travellers who prefer there own cooking or have any kind of dietary allergies. As there are 5 washrooms throughout, you are never more than a few steps away and they are kept immaculately clean. We also now offer an onsite store where you can purchase most items for under one dollar. Thank you for your great reference and we look forward to your future stays in Saskatoon.