Open today: 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Review Highlights
Enjoyed just about everything

I'm surprised at some of the reviews here as nothing on the Wanuskewin Heritage Park (PARK... read more

Reviewed 25 September 2018
Frenchie29
Versailles, France
Beautiful scenery, authentic history and a great buffalo burger!

Spent a few hours on a beautiful day out at Wanuskewin! It's such a nice place! Had a great walk... read more

Reviewed 18 September 2018
Wendy C

All reviews first nations medicine wheel gift shop bison stew bannock buffalo jump meeting place hoop dance traditional dancing short film indigenous culture tipi village tee pee self guided learning experience arts and crafts guided tour
Reviewed 7 October 2017

First and foremost, it is important to understand that the primary focus of this facility is to preserve the rich archaeology of the area. It can be done without needing to draw in visitors with a shell of an attraction, but nobody told these folks.

Saskatoon in general is pretty rough when it comes to "Things to do", but I was genuinely looking forward to this highly rated attraction. Boy was I ever disappointed - the front desk clerk was very friendly and genuinely excited for what the grounds had to offer. We were advised to hike around the grounds (not really what we came to do), and explore the exhibit they had inside as well as explore the gift shop and restaurant. We took a short walk outside, the trails are mediocre at best and offer poor to middling views of the surrounding valley - nothing unique here whatsoever.

The exhibit was "closed" by a photographer who was privately doing some kind of preservation work - but this was in a seemingly unofficial capacity; we were asked to come back in 10 minutes, and when we did, she was still occupying the space. When we returned an additional 20 minutes later she had locked the exhibit.

For the love of all that is sacred DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY HERE. It is evident they don't care about providing a top notch experience to visitors, they just want your money while providing as little as possible to obtain it. Mission accomplished for them, I will never be back.

Additionally, as a tour operator myself, I would absolutely never ever in my wildest dreams consider bringing people here - there is not enough to see OR do; we can all sit and imagine the history, the worthwhile attractions give you more to work with to bring that to life. This attraction needs some serious work. I would avoid it when visiting the Saskatoon area. As an added suggestion, Batoche National Historic Site a short drive north is a much better option!

andrewmcd0nald, Owner at Wanuskewin Heritage Park, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Good Morning Ruth, I'm so sorry that you had such a negative experience here at Wanuskewin. I wonder if you would have some time to chat on the phone so I can better understand some of the details. We would also love to hear any suggestions you might have for improvements. Please contact marketing@wanuskewin.com

Thanks very much

Reviewed 3 October 2017

If you're at all interested in indigenous heritage and want an experience that integrates history, art, anthropology, and geography, this is the place. It's informative, the staff are knowledgeable and friendly, the walks are interesting and relatively short, and the setting is lovely. Depending on when you go, there may be dance troupes and cultural circles that invite everyone to participate. Wanuskewin isn't on the scale of the pyramids or full of mind-blowing vistas; it is a quieter place that reflects the history of the land and its cultures. It's well worth 2-4 hours of your time, and there is enough variety to keep kids amused.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

A special place to First Nations people. A meeting place for a thousand years and it retains the peace of history.

Reviewed 1 October 2017

A very nice building in a great location. We hiked two of the three trails and it was a peaceful walk. We expected more in terms of displays and art work in the building. People we were with had been previously and had memories of great displays. We didn't try out the restaurant but looked like lots of selections to choose from. The gift shop had some nice items for sale. Sadly many of the items are not locally made or even Canadian. I would be more interested in purchasing locally produced items.

Reviewed 27 September 2017

We were recently visiting Saskatoon and decided on the Heritage Park as our outing for a Monday. We have been to many indigenous parks and museums in the USA so thought we would do something in regards to Canadian indigenous. This park was awesome - beautiful walks on a fall day, interesting stop points, cool gallery installation of a maze made of wood pieces, stunning buffalo displays. This is a slow time of year and the front receptionist gave us some quick info about the park that we appreciated. We never visited the restaurant but it was pretty too. Overall a lovely day with trails that made it easy to imagine life hundreds of years ago. My only issue was while visiting the gift store, some of the items that I was interested in that looked like they may have been made locally were made in India... so made me not trust other items. But that's a small point in an otherwise beautiful place.