“Good Food, Great View”
Review of Shift Restaurant

Shift Restaurant
Ranked #58 of 730 Restaurants in Saskatoon
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Group of five arrived far too early for reservation as the museum was closed. We were seated with a smile and service was pleasant throughout our meal. Menu is somewhat limited but offered some unique appetizers and entrees. Cocktails and wine was tasty, and had nothing to complain about any part of the meals. Everyone had something different and were pretty well pleased with each dish. The river view is wonderful and I'm sure it would be a lovely place to revisit during warmer weather.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

The menu is somewhat limited, but the food was pretty good. There are a number of different/interesting menu options, plus some classics. We've been for brunch and lunch, both were good. Service was good. Prices seem reasonable. And the view of the riverbank area is great!

Reviewed 20 March 2018

Visited Shift for the first time this weekend with a friend. We were seated quickly and our server was attentive and friendly. The omelette I had was beautifully plated and the food was good, if not necessarily outstanding. I didn't have any of the scones but when I saw them go by, they looked exceptional.

Prices were about what is to be expected for an upscale restaurant and compares favourably with similar brunch restaurants in Saskatoon.

The view Shift has of the river and River Landing is stunning and I can't wait to see it in the summer. I will definitely return for supper some time.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

I've eaten brunch, lunch and dinner at Shift a number of times.The food is always excellent. The atmosphere and location can't be beat.

But the service staff are unprofessional, silly, often rude, and not overly competent. Every. single. time. Four of us spent approx. $250 there last evening. The woman who served our table was disdainful, forgetful, and rude. At one point she grabbed the bill out of my dinner partner's hand as she was asking a question about an entry. When we asked for dessert menus, she brought only one: "You can share."

I have never been happy with the service at Shift. And I've heard that I'm not the only patron to hold that view. Perhaps the staff need a bit more direction around courtesy and etiquette.

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

As you enter the restaurant it will be hard to take your eyes off the beautiful view. Situated in the Museum overlooking the South Saskatchewan River, it is an ideal setting. With warm weather patrons will be sure to enjoy the patio. But do look at the interior. It is crisp, clean and modern. Care has been taken not to obstruct that view. We were greeted by a very professional server. This is not a student killing time and making a few bucks. This is her vocation. Knowledgeable. A full grasp of the menu and wine list and helpful in making selections. Attentive but not intrusive - particularly important with a business meeting. The food was fresh, creative and well plated having regard to the tastes of this market. I highly recommend g this restaurant.