“Horrible Service!”
Review of smitty's

smitty's
Ranked #404 of 619 Restaurants in Regina
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

This was one of the poorest experiences I've ever had at a restaurant. A couple of my friends and I go there every 3 months to catch up but last night was a disaster. We waited over 15 minutes for water and menus when we decided what we were going to order I had to flag down a waitress. She informed us that they were out of chicken most dishes we were going to order contained chicken, therefore we had to rethink our order , why can't you told us that when she gave us the menus! My friend ordered a Santa Fe salad and stated it's okay if it doesn't have chicken, when her salad came(1/2 hour later) they were also out of the dressing that came on the Santa Fe salad so basically it was a plain salad! My friend refused it however when it came to the till she was asked what are you going to do about the Santa Fe salad bill! Are you kidding me!!! So extremely poor service, never came back to ask if we wanted water, coffee by our waitress ( Lita). My friend wanted to talk to the manager the waitress said the manager wasn't in however when we went to the till the cashier said the manager was aware of the issue. Here's the response from the manager:
Kristin, the "manager" believes there shouldn't be an issue. They don't want to advise everyone that they were out of chicken, as it very rarely happens. The server went beyond her job in checking for the salad dressing. It was slower service because it was busy and a couple of bigger groups. "well you didn't have to pay for it."
WOW !!!
We will never return to this location! Come on Smitty's you can do better get some experienced staff and keep your stock up to date! And get some managerial skills under your belt!

Reviewed 20 September 2016 via mobile

I came here and the service was really poor. It was around 1 and it was pretty dead without the lunch crowd and the server wasn't coming and was sitting at the register talking right in front of us and I was looking at her as to get her attention but she obviously didn't get the hint we were ready to order. I got the chicken wrap and it was tasty but had very little chicken and by very little I mean two small pieces of chicken on each half. All of our meals were good and tasty just the service was bad and my wrap didn't have lots of chicken.

Reviewed 26 March 2016 via mobile

Brought my two children for lunch before going to the movies. Initial service was quick but we seemed to wait a long time for our meals. When they finally came it was obvious they had been sitting under the warmer for a very long time. The lettuce garnish on a plate was burnt onto the scalding plate and the eggs on my plate were so dried out they were inedible. I would have sent everything back but we were now running late. I asked three times for syrup for a pancake meal and finally the table beside us took pity and gave us there's. I live 2 blocks from this restaurant but this is why we drive across town to Denny's when we want breakfast.

Reviewed 19 February 2015

We went for a dessert treat - was expensive but the food was excellent - close to lots of other venues - staff was very friendly and co-operative place was very clean

Reviewed 10 November 2012

Always good food and service and the manager is awesome! I like the traditional style of the food and you get lots of it!