“Just about average”

Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Sherbrooke
Derby, UK
“Just about average”
Reviewed 9 September 2008

Booked this hotel through Expedia. It was the last night of a 2 week trip through the Canadian Maritimes and we were heading back to Montreal the next day for a flight home. Having read the reviews on Trip Advisor I wasn't expecting much and that's what we got! the hotel location is not great; next to a busy road, just off the freeway. We got a room at the back of the hotel so it was quiet.
I got the impression that the hotel is used by business people as the parking lot was fairly full at 10pm, then the next morning was virtually empty by 8.00am.
General appearance of the hotel is that its quite shabby and worn and so are the rooms. But the bed was comfortable.
The hotel doesn't provide breakfast but there is an independent restaurant next door which did good breakfasts.

• Liked — The room had a balcony!
  • Disliked — Just another cheap hotel that needed a facelift
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank kmr1809

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Germany
Reviewed 17 April 2005

The first sign of trouble at this hotel was at check-in. The man working the front desk refused to speak to or even look at my my wife when she asked about our reservation and checking in. I was in the background and the front desk person directed questions at me instead. We assumed he had old fashioned views about women. The room was disappointing as well. The carpets were dirty and the bed must have been very old because every single movement on it resulted in a noise so neither one of us could have a good nights sleep. My problems continued at check-out where another man at the front desk argued about the rate I was paying. I booked my room online at the main Choice Hotels website. I showed him my email confirmation and he still argued with me that the rate given to me was not his house rate. I was not going to pay his house rate so he eventually agreed to charge my credit card the rate I booked with. Never again!

Stayed June 2004
15 Thank jiopr

Travellers are raving about these Sherbrooke hotels