“Great service!!”

Ranked #15 of 120 Restaurants in Shawinigan
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

We are from Pittsburgh, PA. This is our 2nd time to Shawinigan, and our 2nd time to the Globe. We thoroughly enjoyed it last year, and had to come back this year. Our French sucks, and God bless our servers both times, they spoke English (apologizing for their English not being better despite the fact they were doing great at making us feel at ease and welcome!!) to assist us with our ordering. The steak is tasty and well-prepared. I always order mine medium-well done, knowing it's a crapshoot that it may be dry (I'd rather risk over cooked than under). Here, it was tasty and tender. The fries are crisp, as are the onion rings, and the accompanying sauces are tasty. The best part is the service, though. Timing is relaxed, so don't plan on being in and out. We are perfectly content to eat at a leisurely pace, so this was fine with us. Prices are reasonable, and house salad is good. We'll be back again next year.

Reviewed 10 November 2016

Nice personnel and frienly very good service me and my wife will return very soon price is not to bad

Reviewed 19 September 2016

We waited and waited and waited between ordering and receiving our food with the waitress ignoring us when we tried to ask how long we would have to wait. When it finally arrived, we were told that one of the large steaks had run out so they had substituted another type in two pieces but we were assured that it weighed the same!!

Food was ok but nothing special - everything was padded out with piles of chips. It wasn't good value and we would definitely not return. This is the only place during 3 weeks in Québec where I thought the service merited no tip at all.

Reviewed 1 June 2016

My husband and I arrived on a Saturday night, no reservation, and were seated immediately. The host recognized our very limited French, so she sent a waitress who was more fluent in English. I wish I could remember her name--she was so nice, apologized for her English (completely unnecessary in a French-speaking province!) and was very gracious about listening to me attempt some of my high school/college French. Drinks were very prompt, water refilled by carafe on table, and assistance given with the menu. Husband had the Globe steak, which he said was excellent--he even complimented the potato. I had salmon with buerre blanc, also very good. We were too full to try dessert, which was disappointing. I really recommend this place. There is a public parking lot on 4e Rue, one block away.

Reviewed 6 March 2015

The food is good for the price, but the service is horrible. Twice in a row I had to wait an HOUR to get my apetizer, which is not acceptable in any way.

The burgers are good and so is their steaks. The only problem really is the service.