“Nice surprise”

Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Sillery
Reviewed 8 November 2014

We arrived late on a Friday and the service was quick and courteous. The food was very good and quite typical of Algerian fare. High quality vs price ratio.

1  Thank FierAcadien

Reviewed 17 August 2013

Attentive servers, generous portions of delicious authentic foods, cosy atmosphere and fairly priced. We left extremely satisfied with our meal. It was not our first visit nor was it our last.

2  Thank KatherinLa
Reviewed 17 July 2013

The best couscous I have ever had, served to my specifications. The owner, Abib, is very friendly and is ready to accommodate you. He knows wines and recommended a very good red to accompany the meal. I ate on the terrace which is surrounded with lots of flowers. A perfect evening in a perfect setting.

Reviewed 6 July 2012

Servings are generous and made with fresh ingredients. Dishes also contain many fresh vegetables.
The service is flawless, the owner of the place is also there and answers all your questions about the menues.

I am from europe and travelled a lot in mediterrean area. I can tell that I never tasted a better hummus or a better moussakka before.

We only stayed 2 days in quebec city, none the less we had to go twice to this place.

Prices are in medium range what makes this place a totally worthwile place to go.

3  Thank StMarkCH
Reviewed 3 July 2012

When I was in Quebec City, I had to write up a presentation for one of my French Immersion classes on one of Quebec City's great neighbourhoods--Avenue Maguire. One of the best restaurants(which there are many)is Le Rameau D'Olivier, an Algerian restaurant with very great food and great prices. I had a soup, a great stew, coffee, and dessert which were a delight. The restaurant is away from the old city, close to Laval University, but it accessible by the bus 800 or 801 which run quite rapidly. The neighbourhood is also great for some site seeing. Nothing could be better than going to this restaurant in a hot summer night and then walk around the neighbourhood. There are also plenty of interesing shops on Avenue Maguire as well.

2  Thank David G