“Surprisingly disappointing”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 July 2017

I got to eat there with six other friends and was surprised and even embarrassed by the number of things that were just 'off' for a restaurant of this caliber. The wait staff was friendly, but not sufficiently skilled for the job. I asked for dry white wine (pinot grigio) and was told they had none, which was odd. I let the wait person bring e another selection, but it was fruity and sweet. I didn't want to cause a problem, so I said she could just pour me a glass of whatever red wine the men were having. She instead brought me more white wines to try, which were also sweet and fruity. I felt so bad, but had to tell her that really, I just preferred the dry red wine at this time. Too bad I didn't ask the price as the less-than-$30-in-the-liquour-store-bottle is $16 per 4 ounce glass! Ouch! Then, I ordered and chose the grilled scallops served with creamy risotto and corn. $39. I expected something pretty special. I asked if it came with vegetables and the wait person said no, but that she could bring me some. I said perfect (and got charged $8). But the big surprise was my main course: 3 scallops, each just a bit larger than the size of a quarter! How could that possibly be a $39 main course?! My friends had other issues, and one had to get up and even speak to the manager after being completely frustrated with how things were going. While two guests got their $160-for-two-people seafood platter, most of us were left waiting for about 10 minutes to get our meals. It was...awkward. To make it all worse, we were seated at the far end of the outside deck, just beside a door leading to the kitchen. During the first 90 minutes of being there, I had to put up with periodic wafting smells of garbage, which was utterly unappetizing. Yes, the restaurant seemed to acknowledge something was off as all of a sudden, we were offered dessert on the house, but really, while that was nice, it did not compensate for the truly disappointing experience. My friends' company was fabulous--the restaurant? Definitely not. Bill for one person having a main course and a single glass of wine: $83. Just know what you're getting into...

Alain_April, Directeur général at Chateau Bonne Entente, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Dear Jill,

On behalf of the team of Le Bonne Entente, I would like to thank you for sharing your comments on your recent experience at the Napa Grill. Your comments are very important to help us improve our service delivery and facilities.

I sincerely apologize for the poor experience you had. This is unacceptable for a 4 diamonds restaurant. We have built the reputation of our hotel and restaurants on the quality and variety of services offered. Unfortunately it was not shown to you. Our staff will be met in order to prevent another experience like yours.

We would appreciate a second chance and the opportunity to have you back at the Le Bonne Entente again.

Reviewed 25 May 2017

This hotel is very well maintened and very relaxing.
The pool is great and the service is very good.
The food at the restaurant is elaborated and very well prepared.
I was in a terzo room with king bed.
I didn't like the bed so much, the mattress was too soft for me.
I would definitely return to the Bonne entente for a relaxing get away.

Dear Greg,

Thank you so much for your great feedback. We are very happy you were able to enjoy our facilities. Le Bonne Entente is renowned for the quality of its customer service. Our 5-star, 4-Star-Forbes hotel and 4-diamond awards are our pride and our employees work hard to achieve one goal: to make the customer experience memorable.

It would be a pleasure to welcoming you again in the near future!

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 23 May 2017

The special section of the hotel allincluded spa,5 to 7 aperos and appetizers before diner is absolutely charming and inviting.A must in Quebec city.

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your great feedback. We are very happy you were able to enjoy our facilities. Le Bonne Entente is renowned for the quality of its customer service. Our 5-star, 4-Star-Forbes hotel and 4-diamond awards are our pride and our employees work hard to achieve one goal: to make the customer experience memorable!

We are looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future! Warmest regards !

Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

Went there with my wife for a late Valentine weekend. We were very pleased with the quality of the room (Terzo section). It was clean and spacious with top notch amenities.

We had supper at the lounge. Employees there are very well trained and service is 5 stars quality without being stilted

Le Bonne Entente is located out of the usual tourist path and let's say it's for the best.It's peacefull and people there are friendly.

Dear guest,

Reviewed 9 November 2016 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel a few times over the last few years, and last time I was here was almost a year ago. Room prices are acceptable for business travellers. It's the restaurant that is the issue.
If you do not have a car, it's a long walk to any restaurant that is worthwhile for a decent dinner.
My dinner at Bonne Entente this evening was very ho hum. And the value for the money is just not there. The Cesar salad as an appetizer was tasty. The main course of NY steak was also decent, but the salad that came with it was SOAKED in dressing and not edible.
Received a $10 coupon but without that, the meal including 2 beers would have been over $85. No offer of a complimentary dessert, which would be an appropriate gesture.
I stayed here because the Alt Hotel was sold out. The restaurant attached to the Alt, called Le Bistango, has higher quality of food and with better value for sure.