“Our Absolute Best Meal In Quebec City”

Bistro Sous le Fort
Ranked #40 of 1,580 Restaurants in Quebec City
Price range: USD 15 - USD 20
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown Quebec City
Reviewed 10 August 2018

We found this place using the "Best Nearby" search on Tripadvisor and could not be happier. Waitress suggested the Sweetbreads but I resisted. I ordered something else, she said, umm yes that's good. . .giving me the impression I was making a mistake. I asked again and she still recommended the sweetbreads. I gave in and it was marvelous. I am a food photographer by profession so check out my photo.

1  Thank icetalker
Write a ReviewReviews (1,399)

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

Delicious first meal in Old Quebec with the family! They don’t accept reservations but we spent the 45 minute wait wandering the local shops. Nice service and ambiance. French onion soup, wild boar and mushroom rolls, Brie cheese with maple syrup and pecans, tempura shrimp, sirloin steak with fries, creme brulee.

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

We stopped by on a hot day and had white sangria which was perfectly refreshing. The duck entree was fantastic - would recommend.

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

We had a quick dinner out on the patio and had French onion soup, putine, and smoked meat burger. All meals were good. The fries were especially crisp and fresh. The service was very friendly.

Reviewed 5 August 2018

Stopped by here a couple of times while in the Old Town area.
The first night we just wanted a light snack so we had a very nice salad and some pate with a great bread and some very nice wine suggested by our waiter.
We sat in the large window over looking their little patio and the street. A great place sit and take in all of the restaurant and the world outside.
A couple of evenings later we came back and had their large plate of cured meats and sausages and pates with cheeses and again, some great wine. They had several very good looking cooked meals but we were taking advantage of all the great cured meats and unpasteurized cheeses that this region has to offer. The place is small but not over crowded. It has a great ambiance and a wonderful wait staff. All very friendly.
I would definitely recommend this little jewel!