“Croissant for breakfast”
Review of La Boite a Pain

La Boite a Pain
Ranked #7 of 18 Bakeries in Quebec City
Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

Hotel Pur recommended this nearby little bakery. Its a very interesting little place with a lot of charm. By far the best thing to order is the croissant. It is buttery and flakey and just delicious! I also tried a muffin but found it a little dry for my liking. ( maybe thats the way it is here but I like my muffins moist and warm).

Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

This Patisserie is excellent! Obviously things are made with butter here, for stuff melts in your mouth. We went one day for sandwiches and the next for croissants for breakfast. In fact, we walked a mile just to get here! You won’t be disappointed. They also have coffee, but we didn’t try it. The prices are fair.

Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

They have the best croissants!!! There is a crunchy outside and once you bite into it, it’s soft and bouncy.

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

My latte came in a giant bowl (sans handle, but maybe this is a local thing bc I had it this way at one other coffee shop). The standout here is the pastries: I had a croissant, chocolatine, and a baguette sandwich du jambon ET frommage. It was the best French bread sandwich I’ve ever had. No joke. Cash only so be prepared!

Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

We visited this place for a breakfast and were lucky to find a place to sit and enjoy.

We tried the brioche three chocolates, choux pastry with hazelnut cream filling and a sicilian bread. All the three dishes were very very delicious.

The prices are very decent for the quality of food.