“Cuisine and ambiance!”

Ranked #42 of 1,639 Restaurants in Quebec City
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

Just arrived in town, made a wrong and ended up in front at supper time. Spoke with hostess and decided to try it. Normally I would look at reviews, but had a good feel.

We arrived just before the rush, so our server exchanged pleasant conversation.

We began with the beef capaccio, very nice! The missus had the shrimp over linguine... Perfect! On the recommendation of our server, I went with the signature lobster rissoto, also perfect. Too stuffed for dessert, we had coffees.

Overall, Very Nice! Pretty place, good service, right priced for the quality.

Would definitely recommend... Merci Montego!

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

I been to the Montego for the first time of my life on august 4th with friends and it was the worst experience I got.We arrived at 8pm and we only receive our meal at 10h30 ....The table was not ready when we arrived,the bill was not right and we left the place around almost 4h after our arrival.

The food was good but after all the waiting i was not hungry anymore.

Maybe you will have better experience than me but in my case I will never comeback to this place ever. Sorry.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

My wife and I visit Quebec City annually for many years now. We sometimes stay in the St.Foy area near the section of Sillery. We discovered Montego restaurant a few years back and has become a "go to" place for us.It has ample seating in or out and there is plenty of parking in nearby public lots.(free mostly after 1800 hrs. ) The service has always been superb and the food is also outstanding. They have a wide array of meat dishes and I had steak last time that I enjoyed a lot. We actually went twice on our latest trip. The Canadian dollar being presently worth less than the American adds to the affordability . We plan and hope to return again next year to. Quebec City and you can be sure this restaurant will be on our agenda.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 10 July 2018

We joined friends for dinner last weekend. The decor is fine, service good and the menu interesting. My partner had snails, a half caprese salad and petit mushroom pasta, all were good.

I was not so lucky, I started with fried Calamari, is was covered with salt, to much! Then I had the beet salad, lovely. And for the main course, a petit ravioli. OMG is was so salty I could hardly eat it. The only reason I did not send it back, was to not offend our host.

I am not sure if the salt container spill on to my plate, or someone in the kitchen was trying to kill me, but 2 out of 3 courses were over salted.

Dommage...

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 24 June 2018

We visited this place with my friends for dinner on a Friday night. The place was packed with locals, enjoying their meal.

We were welcomed by young and friendly staff, who showed us our table. We started off with some Italian sparkling wine, which was excellent, and then went on with the entrée. I chose the salmon sashimi with red beats, which was very nice. For the main, I chose the rack of lamb, which was fantastic, but I especially liked the vegetables on the side, deliciously seasoned to perfection.

The wine was also fabulous. I tried the Pinot Noir from New Zealand, which had great bouquet. The kind staff kept on filling my glass as I kept on emptying it.

Date of visit: June 2018