1,377 results
All reviews skating rink jean gate que sera sera great location place d'youville old town second cup valet parking within walking distance self park st jean front desk staff per day corner room brick wall restaurants and shops long weekend
Reviewed 15 June 2018

Pascal greeted us at the curb and took care of our luggage and car. He also turned out to be an invaluable font of information about the hotel and Quebec City as the concierge along with Jeremy and Alexis during our stay. Evelyn greeted us warmly and got us checked in quickly. Once in our room Hannah in housekeeping rushed up with some extra towels, blanket and foam pillows we requested before we could even start unpacking. She assured us she would be happy to provide anything we needed to make our stay more comfortable and proved it during our stay. I asked at the desk if they had a room available with a view of the below plaza and Christopher lamented they did not have anything open for that night but promised to secure us something for the next day. He told us to leave our luggage just inside our door and go out touring as we had planned and he would be sure to have us switched and settled into a new room upon our return. Christopher ended up getting us a wonderful corner room overlooking the Place' d'Youville and the St. Jean Gate and Hannah had our luggage transferred and everything settled in by the time we returned from our tour...she even remembered to replenish all the "extras" we had requested in our old room. Kevin (valet and bellhop) had our car waiting for us when we arrived downstairs after requesting it, and even cleaned the windows and refilled our windshield washer fluid and mailed some postcards for me. Such snappy service! Jessyca at the front desk fielded (patiently and with good humor I might add) all our confusions regarding our bill and the Canadian taxes and exchange rates, and made sure we understood and printed out copies for us to take back to our room to review at our leisure. She also went out of her way to secure some "bright and shiny" Canadian coins for my Granddaughter by checking all the different tills in the hotel because the coins in the front desk drawer were beaten and sad looking. I really appreciated that and my Granddaughter was thrilled. Every morning when we came down for breakfast Chloe' was there with a warm smile and remembered to seat us in our favorite spot each day. She even remembered our daily coffee/Tea, and juice preferences. I watched as she handled the huge last minute breakfast crowds with grace and humor, always managing to make everyone comfortable and happy. We had the pleasure of meeting the Manager Emielie who was everywhere at once ensuring every part of the hotel was running smoothly. She really made us feel like truly valued guests. The staff is the reason we will eagerly return to this hotel, but make no mistake...the location is ideal, you are an easy stroll to the waterfront through Old Quebec and many fine restaurants, art galleries and shops. Just be sure to ask Pascal for the easy walking routes that don't include some of the steep hills in the area. He suggested the Restaurant Ophelia for some amazing seafood in a charming setting but also suggested we catch an Uber to get there as it is all up hill. The Uber cost less than $10 and was a lifesaver for this particular jaunt. Across the street from Ophelia's is a charming cigar bar if you like cigar smoking...a great suggestion by Jeremy. This Marriott's rooms are spotless and comfortable, even including a small refrigerator, coffee maker and courtesy box of coffee and teas. The breakfast buffet, bar, and restaurant in the hotel had a great selection of food at decent prices and everything was cooked perfectly. I highly recommend the juicy burger they offer...we ate at the bar and had fun watching the bar staff practicing for a local yearly competition of creating signature drinks. They were exploring using dry ice as an element for theirs. Even the room service was spot on! The onion soup came piping hot and covered with cheese with some fresh baked french bread and our salad was creative and delicious. You can't go wrong staying here! Come for the people, stay for the pampering and comfort, and say Hi to Pascal for us! Tell him Pj and Larry sent you!

Room Tip: Ask for a plaza view if possible.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

I spent two nights here on business and can report no problems. The staff were pleasant and when I asked for a quiet room, they gave me one well away from the street. The view was pretty rotten as you can see from the picture but I didn't notice any of the other guests. Unfortunately the air conditioning unit in the room was super noisy and woke me up a few times.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Faience44
Reviewed 5 June 2018

The location is right at the entrance of the old quebec city. The service of the staff(lobby boy, reception, concierge) is very helpful during the whole stay. Nice breakfast buffet provided in the ground floor lounge. It's a decent stay experience.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JavaYuu
Reviewed 5 June 2018

This is atypical of the Marriott's I have stayed at. Perfectly located. The rooms are dated but might be considered old charm. The staff is friendly but you and inexperienced. I think if I returned I might try one of the small hotels within the old city.

Room Tip: Rooms good size, clean. No turndown service
Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Roselyn F, Front Office Manager at Quebec City Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

Thank you for letting us know about your stay with us at the Québec City Marriott Downtown. The experiences you described are not characteristic of the level of service our associates strive to provide, and we apologize that the service you received was unsatisfactory. I would like to share with you that we will be renovating our rooms in the near future. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

The hotel was was having some refurbishment work to it's dining area for which the staff were most apologetic. We were told they were using the 1st mezzanine in it's place until works were completed but this didnt affect our stay.
We were on the 4th floor over looking the busy main road. The decor was tired but the room itself was functional for purpose. Unfortunately we found the location of our room quite loud and if I could recommend one thing I would suggest a room on the other side of the hotel facing the car park and the old town.
The hotel is within walking distance of the old town and close to numerous amenities.
A special mention to doorman Jacob who watched the car while we checked in saving us getting a ticket.
This isn't the best Marriott I have stayed in but it's staff more than made up for any inadequacies.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Travel_Mad_Mal
Roselyn F, Front Office Manager at Quebec City Marriott Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

Dear guest,

First of all, thank you for choosing to stay at the Quebec City Marriott Downtown and providing your honest feedback.

Providing the highest level of hospitality to all our guests is our number one priority. I am pleased to read that the service you received during your stay was on point. Jacob is indeed an amazing valet and an important part of our team. I will make sure to share your kind words with him. On the other hand, please accept my most sincere apologies for the noisy room you had. I know we were mostly sold out during your stay therefore our options were limited (we were out of rooms overlooking the Old Town). As for the room decor, we would like to inform you that our hotel rooms will undergo massive renovations throughout 2019.

Once again, thank you very much for your valued feedback and know that we would all be delighted to have the opportunity to serve you again, should your travels bring you back to Quebec City.