“Pricey but good oriental fare”
Review of Restaurant Erawan

Restaurant Erawan
Ranked #285 of 1,533 Restaurants in Quebec City
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Sillery
Reviewed 20 July 2017

I've eaten at Erawan twice and the food was excellent on both occasions. They offer a wide selection of entrées so you should have no problem finding something you like. The atmosphere is nothing special although they always seem to attract a full crowd. I'd make reservations unless you're planning to eat early. As for prices, it's not cheap. By the time you add taxes and tip, a meal consisting of a small cup of soup, two small egg rolls, Pad Thai (generous portion), tea or coffee, and a very unimpressive dessert will cost about 35$. It's not cheap but the food is generally good. I wouldn't rush out to eat at Erawan but I wouldn't hesitate if someone else was picking up the tab.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

While visiting Quebec City in Canada, 1 of our best friends asked us to meet at Erawan Lao restaurant for dinner on a Tuesday evening. That Thai restaurant seems to be a very popular restaurant and it is well located.
However, the food was just average and my seafood dish was overpriced. It is sad to quote “langoustines” as part of the mix seafood dish (T22 Mo Din Thai) while they only served it with 1 dismal mini scampi for $40.00. The prices on their website are outdated. Furthermore, they run out of rice right at 8:00 PM. While waiting, the chef sent some vegetarian spring rolls to us, which was a nice gesture. Furthermore, when I came to pay, although the waiter told me they accept Amex, the transaction could not go through. Thank God, we had other back up plans. When I went back to my hotel room, I called Amex Platinum to understand why my card was declined, I was told that No transaction was declined. So, we came to the conclusion that it was probably the restaurant that did not accept American Express.

Reviewed 4 April 2017

Want to go eat Thai food ....this is a awesome place! excellent service/staff, food menu is perfect! price too... nice street and easy to find a parking, recommand to reserve a place before going. I was also able to talk with the proprietary and she is a very kind person! If you are looking for a restaurant with authentic food... this is it! well enjoy! don't forget to bring your wine ;)

for family/friends/couples ;)

Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

Even though I always lived in Quebec city, this is my first visit at Erawan.

The food is amazing - I had the chicken in peanut sauce, loved it.

I'll come back shortly, for sure.

Reviewed 17 April 2016 via mobile

Had some coworkers take me to this Thai restaurant for lunch. The value is very good as you receive a small soup, two spring rolls, your main dish, and a dessert and tea or coffee all for the price of your main dish, which is in the $15-$18 range. Since I had never been there before I tried the pad Thai with shrimp. It was average quality, the sauce was heavier and much sweeter than regular pad Thai sauce. They also used a very thin noodle which was odd as most pad Thai are with the broad noodles. Overall not bad.