“Good place for friends to have decent Thai food”
Review of Restaurant Erawan

Restaurant Erawan
Ranked #283 of 1,580 Restaurants in Quebec City
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Sillery
Reviewed 19 July 2017

While visiting Quebec City in Canada, 1 of our best friends asked us to meet at Erawan Lao restaurant for dinner on a Tuesday evening. That Thai restaurant seems to be a very popular restaurant and it is well located.
However, the food was just average and my seafood dish was overpriced. It is sad to quote “langoustines” as part of the mix seafood dish (T22 Mo Din Thai) while they only served it with 1 dismal mini scampi for $40.00. The prices on their website are outdated. Furthermore, they run out of rice right at 8:00 PM. While waiting, the chef sent some vegetarian spring rolls to us, which was a nice gesture. Furthermore, when I came to pay, although the waiter told me they accept Amex, the transaction could not go through. Thank God, we had other back up plans. When I went back to my hotel room, I called Amex Platinum to understand why my card was declined, I was told that No transaction was declined. So, we came to the conclusion that it was probably the restaurant that did not accept American Express.

Reviewed 4 April 2017

Want to go eat Thai food ....this is a awesome place! excellent service/staff, food menu is perfect! price too... nice street and easy to find a parking, recommand to reserve a place before going. I was also able to talk with the proprietary and she is a very kind person! If you are looking for a restaurant with authentic food... this is it! well enjoy! don't forget to bring your wine ;)

for family/friends/couples ;)

Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

Even though I always lived in Quebec city, this is my first visit at Erawan.

The food is amazing - I had the chicken in peanut sauce, loved it.

I'll come back shortly, for sure.

Reviewed 17 April 2016 via mobile

Had some coworkers take me to this Thai restaurant for lunch. The value is very good as you receive a small soup, two spring rolls, your main dish, and a dessert and tea or coffee all for the price of your main dish, which is in the $15-$18 range. Since I had never been there before I tried the pad Thai with shrimp. It was average quality, the sauce was heavier and much sweeter than regular pad Thai sauce. They also used a very thin noodle which was odd as most pad Thai are with the broad noodles. Overall not bad.

Reviewed 4 October 2015

Because it's a BYO restaurant, Erawan doesn't cost the small fortune that you pay in Canada when you order wine from a menu. The food was pretty average Thai, although I was pleased to discover that the dishes with coconut sauce actually came in a "sauce", not a "soup".

There are five spice levels to choose from, three of them being fairly hot. Strangely, when I requested a side of prig nam pla (fish sauce with peppers and lime juice), our server claimed that they couldn't provide it because the kitchen had no chili peppers! But when an alternative hot sauce was brought, it did indeed contain chili peppers.

The menu is a bit confusing, because it features complete dinners; however, it is possible to order a la carte. The Tom Yum Koung (soup) was a particularly good value, and the Pad Thai was typical. Service was not especially swift.