“Great Thai food ”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Sillery
Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

Even though I always lived in Quebec city, this is my first visit at Erawan.

The food is amazing - I had the chicken in peanut sauce, loved it.

I'll come back shortly, for sure.

Reviewed 17 April 2016 via mobile

Had some coworkers take me to this Thai restaurant for lunch. The value is very good as you receive a small soup, two spring rolls, your main dish, and a dessert and tea or coffee all for the price of your main dish, which is in the $15-$18 range. Since I had never been there before I tried the pad Thai with shrimp. It was average quality, the sauce was heavier and much sweeter than regular pad Thai sauce. They also used a very thin noodle which was odd as most pad Thai are with the broad noodles. Overall not bad.

Reviewed 4 October 2015

Because it's a BYO restaurant, Erawan doesn't cost the small fortune that you pay in Canada when you order wine from a menu. The food was pretty average Thai, although I was pleased to discover that the dishes with coconut sauce actually came in a "sauce", not a "soup".

There are five spice levels to choose from, three of them being fairly hot. Strangely, when I requested a side of prig nam pla (fish sauce with peppers and lime juice), our server claimed that they couldn't provide it because the kitchen had no chili peppers! But when an alternative hot sauce was brought, it did indeed contain chili peppers.

The menu is a bit confusing, because it features complete dinners; however, it is possible to order a la carte. The Tom Yum Koung (soup) was a particularly good value, and the Pad Thai was typical. Service was not especially swift.

Reviewed 21 July 2015

Great Thai take out place. Very nice atmosphere to dine in as well. Will dine in next time around. Great place for nice meal.

Reviewed 17 July 2015

Some people prefer quantity over quality, and vice-versa. With Erawan, you get an average quality, and less than average quantity. Our food wasn't bad, but it wasn't that good that it was worth paying that much for that little. If you have a strong appetite, it may leave you still hungry.

Service did not spontaneously bring an ice bucket for our white wine; this is something I would expect from a bring your own alcohol venue, especially since the bottle was clearly on the table and it was very warm that day (we were sitting outside).

We did not try the sushis.

Parking is best done on a nearby street where it is free and unlimited all night. Adding parking meters on the street and even on the municipal lot next to the library was a ridiculous move by the city of Québec.