All reviewschateau frontenacgreat locationold quebecfirst floorsmall balconysmall hotelno elevatortop floorterrasse dufferincoffee makerstay there againparking garageold buildingview of the riverwalked everywherewithin walking distanceperfect stay
Reviewed 30 July 2017

We loved this hotel. We have been to Quebec City many times and have stayed in different places in old town including the Chateau and another in this square. We loved this hotel and will stay here again. The location is perfect, the price was better then others on the square and the people who work here are lovely and helpful. We stayed in a room with a king sized bed. The room was huge with a wonderful bar hight coffee area, a small fridge and great windows with a view of the chateau and the park. This is a historic building that has retained the feel and details from the past but has added comforts for the present. Can't wait to return.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2017

We stayed in the condo/suite for six days. We were happy to have the extra room. A decent sized bedroom, adequate bath, and a very large living/dining/kitchenette area. The rooms are charming, but the staff make this limited service hotel special. If you are expecting a full service hotel with room service and a restaurant, this is not for you. If you want a fantastic location in the old city, with river views and steps to the Chateau Frontenac and Terrace Dufferin, this is the place. Quiet location, but near everything. The staff is most helpful. Our only complaint, slow internet service.

Room Tip: the condo/suite offers a lot of room
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2017

I recently stayed at Manoir Sur-Le Cap in June. When I arrived there was some confusion about my length of stay biut it was all worked out. My room # 11 is on the third floor. Going up the stairs was not difficult for me but someone else who is handicapped or elderly would be advisable to stay on first floor as the stairs are steep. The hotel is steps away from the promenade and right across the street from the park. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was adequate. A small refrigerator is provided in the room as well as a desk to write on. The staff were very courteous and helpful as to what restaurants are good and the best way to reach them. The hotel cleaning staff did a commendable job and if you desire not have room serviced just place do not disturb sign on the door knob. Room 11 window overlooks the park across the street as well as Hotel Frontenac tower which rises above the trees towards your right. The wi-fi was pretty reliable and only stopped for a few minutes when I stayed. If you're looking for good value then Manoir-Sur Le Cap is the place you want to be.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 June 2017

I am sorry we stayed here the room was so small made me feel confined it's essential a room and a bathroom only!! Very tight and cramped. The stairs were so old made me feel like it was going to fall down. Very unsafe. Would not recommend! The

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2017

The hotel was lovely, although a bit compact. We had room #56, which was roomy itself, but with no dresser space and only a VERY small closet. So we were not able to unpack for a 4 day stay. The bathroom was also VERY small, and a person of any substantial girth would have trouble even getting into the shower as the space between shower door and wall was not as wide as the bath mat that was on the floor. We found the weekday evening staff person to be lovely. The day person not so much. I wouldn't recommend the parking pass they offer, because the garage owner was horrible and he and the day staff person treated us like criminals because the swipe card they gave us hadn't been properly used by the person BEFORE us and they demanded our receipt to prove we had paid with our credit card when I told them the swipe card wouldn't let us in. I ended up paying $22/day myself, rather than $20/day on the swipe card.

Room Tip: On a quiet street. Rooms on that side are fine, open or closed windows!
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family