1,996 results
All reviews breakfast basket picnic basket each morning yogurt filtered water old city rooftop garden hour walking tour free movies book directly with the hotel common room comfortable lounge breakfast delivered within walking distance front desk staff cappuccino machine vieux quebec
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

I highly recommend this hôtel!!! It has a great location. The staff were super friendly and they offered us popcorn. The room was small, extremely clean & super cute. They also heard a game room where you could play a variety of card and board games. We loved it. Furthermore, the hotel doesn't have parking but there is a parking lot close by for CAD 16 a day.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Our stay in HVQ was the perfect place and time for us.

We have nothing but praise for the service, the room and the vibe of the hotel.

It started with a warm welcome from Pierrot who was kind, patient and thorough.

Everyone during our stay were amicable and gave the best by providing information and tips during for our short visit right until the end.

The cherry on top (which should never change) was having the thoughtful breakfast hung at our door which was both welcome and delicious. They understand well the importance of what is essential to enjoy a getaway to its fullest.

If wasn't for the daylight savings time change, the extra hour would have been the best closure to our stay.

We can't understand the fact that HVQ have no more than 3 stars (due to regulations?), but it is a well deserved 5 ****!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 March 2018

Just came back from spending 1 night. The staff is excellent, from booking over the phone, to the nice reception we received upon arrival. Very helpful with map, walks, restaurants. Booked 2 rooms: superior king and deluxe superior king. Both rooms were amazing. The deluxe room is larger, includes a gas fireplace, large sitting area, Nespresso machine. Both rooms had a stone wall. The hotel is quaint and modern at the same time, full of character. Very quiet, very clean, very stylish,and classy. Bed, linens etc... perfect. Minor complaint: the toilet paper and kleenex could be softer. I would love to pack up the deluxe king room and take it home with me! Location is perfect. Walking distance to walk upper town and lower town. Walking distance to a variety of restaurants. Parking is one minute from the hotel, in and out, $17 per day. And breakfast is left in a basket on a hook outside your door at 8 am. Excellent breakfast ! As the title of my review 10 out of 10.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank ECKM
Reviewed 24 March 2018

Let me cut to the chase - yes - I would stay here again, and I'd HIGHLY recommend L'Hotel du Vieux-Quebec to anyone else planning to vacation in Quebec City! My 15 year old and I stayed here during Spring Break this past week, and before we even walked through the door, they made us feel welcomed.
Our room was so nice - it was clean and cozy (the stone wall was a cool feature), and it had a mini fridge - which was helpful, appliances for coffee and tea and a very comfy bed. Our favorite amenity was a small picnic basket that was hung on our door each morning, containing our breakfast - delicious pastries, fruit, cheese, yogurt and juice. It was more than enough to start our day! My daughter would go to the door first thing every morning just to see what we got in our basket - I think other kids would like that, as well.
The location of the hotel couldn't have been more perfect! It was within walking distance of pretty much all the sites (bring comfortable walking shoes - and be prepared to walk up/down hills), and there are shops and restaurants all around. What was too far to walk to, the staff at the hotel arranged for transportation to wherever we wanted to go.
Speaking of staff, Sandrine Bonnet, Asst, Mgr., and the wonderful young lady and gentlemen at the front desk, were so helpful and kind! I will always appreciate how welcomed they made my daughter and me feel.

4  Thank VacationMom2013
Reviewed 19 March 2018

Enjoyed another terrific stay at this hotel - our favourite place to stay in Quebec City. The location cannot be beat. Every staff member you interact with is helpful and there to make your stay better. Love the extras - free movies and popcorn, hot drink machine in the lounge, games. Love the breakfast in a basket that gets delivered to your door each morning if you book directly with them on-line. We were particularly pleased when for our third night, we were given the option of changing up breakfast a little and were given a few other options to pick from. Very environmentally friendly hotel which has won a number of awards for their efforts. There is a small fridge in each room and terrific large safe in each room large enough to store laptops. Some minor suggestions for improvements in the future - 1) the glass jars which breakfast drinks are delivered in, while a great size, are tall and narrow and tip over really easily; 2) we found the room air very dry so much so that a family member was getting nosebleeds - would be really nice to have had access to a humidifier!

• Trip type: Travelled with family