Open today: 10:00 am - 4:00 pm

from USD 44.00
from USD 57.90
from USD 65.70
More Info
All reviews polar bear arctic foxes jellyfish exhibit sea cucumbers sea horses outdoor exhibits touch tank star fish glass tunnel marine life obstacle course sand sculptures sting ray saltwater fish different species splash pad few hours
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The Aquarium du Quebec is a hidden gem and well worth a visit when seeing the sites of this delightful city. The new Jellyfish Exibit defies description!

Noémie L, Responsable relations publiques at Aquarium du Quebec, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thanks for your review mds1955!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

WHEN: Weekday afternoon in October. Cloudy autumn day. Spent two hours there, needed four.
WHO: Mum, Grandmom, 11yo and 8yo kids. Kids speak only English- bilingual adults.
HIGHLIGHTS: Jellyfish room, touching anemone, the tunnel. I’ve never seen so many jellyfish in an aquarium, the display was super cool too. See my photo. The indoor parts of the aquarium are like many other aquariums we’ve been to. Well signposted in English and French with the types of fish- we all like to play spot the fish. Seeing the walrus up close outside was cool too.
THE SAD PART: the outdoor areas seemed like little prisons. The large animals just didn’t have enough room to enjoy themselves, they seemed depressed. We were there off peak so no shows, but I am not one to enjoy that kind of thing either.
CRITICAL COMMENTS: the overall flow of the place is bizarre. There is no obvious expected path to see everything. The sign posts all try to get you to go back to the exit rather than help you see each exhibit. We went in the exit twice because couldn’t find the entrances.

Noémie L, Responsable relations publiques at Aquarium du Quebec, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear TiffanyC2691,

Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

Very nice place to visit with kids.
The tickets don’t cost a fortune and the place is lovely.
It is not huge but maintained well.
My kids liked the aquarium very much.
It had also a show of a cat fish , so I highly recommend to check the show times once you arrive.

Hello Mawka,
Thank you so much for your review! Our visitor opinions are very important to us.

We hope to see you again some time in the future!

Reviewed 4 October 2018

Situation next the the bridges Pont Champlain and Pont de Quebec, a 15min car ride from downtown Quebec city.
Excellent place for families, although the price of entry can be slightly high for some families.

Thank you HonestAdviceNow for your review.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again!

Reviewed 3 October 2018

As an American family of 5 (and multi-generational), we wanted to treat the 2 young children (aged almost 6 and 4) to an outdoor park. However, once in the park, and having found an outside scheduled demonstration of walruses, we soon discovered that the introduction - both in French and English - quickly devolved into an only French presentation; thus, the children became restless, and we needed to leave. I was surprised that the Francophone audience remained because very little action ensued on the stage. The "trainers" seemed to just speak and speak, and the 2 large walruses only "performed" rather rudimentary and, to my eyes, sad "tricks". Because I understand French, I was doubly saddened to hear - and see - how little interesting interaction occurred.
Inside, the aquarium tanks were interesting but very crowded. It was hard for an adult, much less a small child, to see the exhibitions. I, as an older adult, opted out of continuing the last part of our visit to the interior, and was quickly joined by one of the children. It, also, was too crowded and claustrophobic for her.
The highlight of the visit occurred outside because there were several outdoor physical activities - balance beams and swinging 'vines' - the children could "test" themselves on. They were interactive and interesting. The outside exhibits (of Arctic foxes, for example) were frankly extremely disappointing. I didn't feel that the animals had enough room - or privacy. It was as if I were visiting a zoo of 50 years ago in some small American town.
In sum, I would not recommend this attraction to the average visitor - especially one who has sensibilities about animals - whether marine or mammal - in captivity.

1  Thank Carspre
Emmanuelle P, Responsable relations clients at Aquarium du Quebec, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Carspre,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us about your day at Aquarium du Québec. I was sorry to learn that your day wasn’t entirely to your satisfaction for many aspects as I could read in your survey. As a vision of being a leader in the industry, sincere feedback like you just gave us is definitely welcome. The Aquarium du Québec is CAZA-accredited. CAZA-accredited zoos and aquariums are recognized for their high standards of animal care. CAZA and its member institutions often partner with governement and animal welfare agencies by providing training as well as expert assistance in investigations and in the rehoming of exotic animals. I look forward to have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the future to regain your trust and demonstrate to you that your unfortunate experience does not reflect our standards of service. Best Regards, Emmanuelle P, Education Director

Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

Being from Naples Florida, I see lots of fish is daily. Do you want to fish looked healthy, I loved the jellyfish display. Beautiful and again looking healthy. As far as the outside with the polar bears. And yes to me they looked sad but I believe they would look the same out in the great White North. I had a 2 1/2 year-old child with me and he seem to enjoy it it and run around so I'll good to me. Thank you

Dear John,
Thank you for your comment!

We hope to have the pleasure to welcoming your son and yourself again!

Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

Horrible experience in complitely empty site. Staff was unreal. The worst area was of the mammal, where were present depresse seal and walrus without any toy or object for their entertainment. Two poor white bears . The actraction for visitors was to see staff throw fish from distance area upstear to unmoved bear. The ambient of oceanic tank had more mixer fish without description and moreover this animals had only plastic elements (plants, rocks, ecc). The windows were dirties of seaweed.

1  Thank Sara B
Noémie L, Responsable relations publiques at Aquarium du Quebec, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2018

Dear Sara B,

Reviewed 20 September 2018

The aquarium was good to visit, but, they do not recognize anyone who does not speak french. We watched the demonstration with the seals, the presentation was all in french, except for a couple of sentences which were in English. We could see what the seals were doing but decided not to watch the other marine shows due to not being able to understand the presentation. There were were other people there who did not speak french. Staff was not that friendly either. The cost to get in was over $40 for two people, which wasn't bad, but if we would have known that we would not be accommodated for being english speaking, we would not have visited the aquarium.

Dear Pauline F,

As a vision of being a leader in the industry, sincere feedback like you just gave us is definitely welcome. We will consider them in our future development projects.

I look forward to have the pleasure of welcoming you again!

Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

This is a fairly small aquarium so on crowded days it can be hard to get around. There is a bit of walking outside which really isn’t that bad.

They have a very nice jellyfish collection with LED light which makes it pretty awesome.

The polar bears and seals are outdoors and there is a seal show which is worth it for the kids.

The price of admission for a family of 4 is 56$ which isn’t too bad.

Overall nice experience... it took us around 2 hours to complete the tour...

Noémie L, Responsable relations publiques at Aquarium du Quebec, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2018

Good afternoon Martin S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us!

We look forward to have the pleasure of welcoming you again.

Reviewed 14 September 2018

Aquarium is just ok. The best part about this place is the jellyfish exhibit. We did the entire aquarium in about an hour. There were no shows or feedings going on when we visited. Some areas were packed with people and you have to love the guests that go the wrong way through an exhibit while pushing a stroller through the crowd. If you have small children this is a good place for a visit. Not that costly for admission. The line was long to buy tickets but we moved quickly. If you can't get into the parking lot closet to the entrance you need to walk up a hill to get there. This place has a lot of potential. Needs some TLC.

1  Thank sarasmom

Dear sarasmom,

I look forward to have the pleasure of welcoming you again!