5,959 results
All reviews gold floor iconic hotel chateau frontenac champlain restaurant le sam fairy tale river view old quebec lawrence river bucket list old world charm renovated room trip to quebec city the location is perfect lower town valet parking concierge
Reviewed 5 April 2018

The Chateau Frontenac is an experience unlike any other. Steeped in history, the property is meticulously maintained. The dining options are excellent, and I had the best room service meal of my life! Our room was beautiful, comfortable and may have had a visitor. In the middle of the night, our closet door opened by itself. When my daughter asked if someone lived in the closet, the hair dryer fell off the bathroom shelf. We were thrilled! Probably just coincidence, but it made the stay even better!
We spent our 4 days in and around Quebec. In the evening when we returned chilly and happy, we had drinks in the 1604 Bar in the hotel. The service is impeccable, and if you're lucky enough to meet Guillaume, you'll understand immediately the warmth, charm and style of the Quebecois people. He's a great ambassador for his province! We will be back again soon - California's not that far away!

Room tip: Get a river view and watch the ice floes on the St. Lawrence.
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank mkm242424
Patricia C, Front Office Manager at Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Bonjour Mkm242424,

What a delight to read your review. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay, You can be assured that I will tell Guillaume about this beautiful review. Thank you for these wonderful comments and we look forward to your next visit.

Rooms Division Director

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Historical hotel in the middle of Quebec city. We stayed here for 5 days coming from another Fairmont hotel in Ottawa. The place is beautiful and the service as well. Rooms are clean and the staff are always friendly and eager to help. We stayed at in suit overlooking the river. Magnificent view! Love this place so much that I am actually thinking about coming here once a year.

Room tip: Suit overlooking the river or the city
Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Bonjour Dougkwon26,

Thank you for your great feedback regarding your recent stay. We are truly thrilled you had such a wonderful stay and we hope to welcome you again on your next visit to Quebec City.

Rooms Division Director

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Overall, the hotel it is very very VERY nice. I went to Quebec for my birhtday. Coming from a "hot" country being on temperatures under -20°C was a great experience. The landscape from the hotel backyard was amazing. I only have a not very cool experience with the hotel: It was very cold and late. I did not want to go outside for some chocolate. So I ordered two hot chocolates for my brother and I (room service). On the menu they were 5CAD each. Not bad for the quality and reputation of the hotel. When the hot chocolate and the bill arrived it was a total of 21CAD for the two hot chococaltes. Why? Well because they overcharge for the service. I dont consider myself a cheap person but literally, I paid 11CAD for service and tax. And 10CAD for the product.

Room tip: The view from the hotel¿s backyard is great.
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Ninaa C
Jean-François V, Manager at Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear Ninaa C.,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review further to your recent visit to Fairmont Le Château Frontenac. I am very sorry to learn for the confusion of the billing for your hot chocolate and the fixed charge for the delievery. I will ensure our message is both cleared and understood by guest.

Please rest assured we take your comments very seriously. and that I will be sharing your feedback with our teams as we work to constantly improve our facilities and service.

Should you wish to discuss further of the situation, do not hesitate to contact me directely at jean-francois.vary@fairmont.com

I would be pleased to sort this situation out with you.

I look forward to hearing from you and having the honor of welcoming you back.

Jean-François Vary
Director of operations

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Took the train from Montreal to Quebec city... was told by the res agent it was a quick walk to the hotel.(hmmmm, nope it was mostly steep hills).
The hotel itself was majestic. I was surprised by the pool and terrace.
We enjoyed our stay.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Patricia C, Front Office Manager at Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear Nat L.,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review further to your recent visit to Fairmont Le Château Frontenac. We are very sorry for the wrong information regarding the distance from the train station to the hotel. We normally recommend to take a cab from the train station to the hotel.

We take your feedback very seriously and you can be assured that a follow up will be done with the reservation department to adress this situation!

Again, thank you for taking the time to post a review and we look forward to having the honor of welcoming you back.

Best regards,

Patricia Carré
Rooms division director

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

This hotel iconic treasure of Quebec City! Me and my husband stayed in the Gold floor with a river view and its highly recommended and worth the additional price. Apart from the breakfast the Gold floor lounge offer free drinks, coffee, cookies and Hors d'oeuvres during the afternoon with an amazing river view! The Room is pristine and has great character. Bed and linens are very comfortable.

We are glad we stayed here for our honeymoon and will be back for sure!

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Patricia C, Front Office Manager at Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear LazyLacey,

Congratulations on your recent wedding! We are honored that you choose to stay with us for your honeymoon and thrilled you had such a memorable stay. I will share your great feedback with our teams and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again.

Best regards,