“Wow, that chocolate smell!”
Review of Arnold Chocolats

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Arnold Chocolats
Reviewed 24 December 2009

When we entered, the amazing rich and wonderful smell of chocolate hit us! Wow :) Apparently, they had just taken a batch of brownies out of the oven, so it may not always smell this great. The museum was fun, watching chocolate made (through a window) was fun too. We only bought the "maple leaf" chcolates filled with maple sugar; they are very addicting! I wouldn't make a separate trip to go here, but if you are in the neighborhood, it's well worth a stop!

1  Thank Passion2Travel
Reviewed 3 January 2009

I love gourmet chocolates so of course needed to sample several shops in Quebec City. We even made a little pilgrimage to the Chocolate Museum there. It was okay, but not the best. We also tasted some chocolate at the Farmers' Market near the water... but the chocolate at Arnold on Avenue Cartier was in my opinion the best. wonderful passion fruit truffles, not overly sweet. extremely fresh and delightfully creamy. Not quite as wonderful as Kee's Chocolates version in New York City's Soho (my worldwide fave)... but a definitely a close 2nd or 3rd.

It had a cute pig sign and sticker on the chocolate wrapper has a farmhouse for the A in Arnold & a pig as the O in the same. I saved the wrapper of the package so I could remember the shop. I noticed it actually had a different address and phone, so perhaps there is another location outside of Quebec City. (the package lists Charlesbourg, Quebec City 418-626-0304)

The also had ice cream in this teeny tiny store front. Didn't sample that, but there seemed to be some happy patrons outdoors enjoying ice cream cones.

4  Thank lisadhome