Review Highlights
best chocolates we tasted in Quebec

Reviewed 3 January 2009

from USD 129.24
from USD 60.10
from USD 24.19
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 January 2009

I love gourmet chocolates so of course needed to sample several shops in Quebec City. We even made a little pilgrimage to the Chocolate Museum there. It was okay, but not the best. We also tasted some chocolate at the Farmers' Market near the water... but the chocolate at Arnold on Avenue Cartier was in my opinion the best. wonderful passion fruit truffles, not overly sweet. extremely fresh and delightfully creamy. Not quite as wonderful as Kee's Chocolates version in New York City's Soho (my worldwide fave)... but a definitely a close 2nd or 3rd.

It had a cute pig sign and sticker on the chocolate wrapper has a farmhouse for the A in Arnold & a pig as the O in the same. I saved the wrapper of the package so I could remember the shop. I noticed it actually had a different address and phone, so perhaps there is another location outside of Quebec City. (the package lists Charlesbourg, Quebec City 418-626-0304)

The also had ice cream in this teeny tiny store front. Didn't sample that, but there seemed to be some happy patrons outdoors enjoying ice cream cones.

4  Thank lisadhome